Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Calypso Coral and Soft Succulent Amazing Together

I really like the Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper that was introduced in the January – July Mini Catalog.  I find the colors to be very appealing to me.  I was surprised to discover how well Calypso Coral and Soft Succulent go together; I just would not have thought of that combination without seeing it on the paper I am featuring on today’s card.      

Here is what it looks like…


The card base is Soft Succulent cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” (set this aside we are going to do some other construction before we add anything to this layer).  I cut a layer of Calypso Coral cardstock that measures 4 1/8 x 5 3/8” and then a layer of the beautiful Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and adhered them together.  Next, I used one of the sheets of the Specialty Designer Series Paper that has these beautiful flowers on it that coordinate with one of the dies from the Good Fortune Dies (I love it when Stampin’ Up! does this it creates a whole new opportunity).  I cut one of the double flowers and then a single one.  I added the double flowers to the center of the card with Dimensionals and then I tucked the single flower under that and adhered it directly to the DSP.  Next, I took two pieces of the Soft Succulent Satin Shimmer Ribbon and attached each to one side of the layer, I brought them together and created a bow.  (I wish you could feel this ribbon it is so soft it is unbelievable and that is why it is so easy to work with).  I then added this layer to the soft succulent base with Dimensionals. 

For my sentiment I stamped “happy birthday” this one happens to be from the Timeless Tulips stamp set but we all have these different sentiments that are in fonts we just love.  I stamped it onto a scrap of Calypso Coral cardstock using Soft Succulent ink and then die cut it using one of the dies from the Tasteful Labels Dies, I also cut a second one from a scrap of the Soft Succulent cardstock.  Just cut the soft succulent one in half and adhere behind the calypso coral one leaving just a little of the soft succulent one showing on each end.  I added this to my card using Dimensionals.  For my final addition I had noticed the cute little butterflies on the paper so I wanted to mimic them.  I took three of the Brushed Brass Butterflies and colored them with the Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Blends (you can do this to most of the jewels, gems and some of the ribbon to make it the color you want) and once they were dry, I added them to my card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment