Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Revisiting the Artistically Asian Stamp Set

So I am going to revisit the Artistically Asian stamp set but this time I am mixing it in with some items that are not retiring.  I have to credit Carol Ann Pendleton for this idea, I saw a card she had made on pinterest that inspired me to give this one a try.  I hope you like it:



Here is the stamp set, it really has some nice stuff on it!



I started with my standard card base of whisper white (4 1/4 x 11" scored at 5 1/2').  I added a layer of blushing bride ( 4 x 5 1/4").  Then I took two pieces of whisper white that measured 2 x 3" and stamped them in blushing bride using the Bokeh Dots stamp set (I love this bokeh affect on cards, it makes some beautiful backgrounds).  Next I stamped the images twice on each piece with Melon Mambo and once with Versa Mark and used gold embossing powder on that third image.  I mounted those onto pieces of whisper white that were 2 1/4 x 3 1/4.  

I then mounted these two image pieces at angles for interest onto the blushing bride layer and wrapped them in whisper white sheer ribbon and tied a bow.  I stamped the sentiment using Melon Mambo ink and cut it out using the stitched shapes dies and a second piece was cut out of the blushing bride using one of the dies from the layered ovals.  I popped that up with dimensionals and added three leaves in pear pizzaz that I cut out of the Rose Trellis die set and inked with just a touch of the pear pizzaz ink.  

This card could be made with lots of cute changes, a different sentiment, a different ribbon, a simple embossing folder could really pop the blushing bride layer.  Of course it would be great in lots of colors, I was thinking it would be great in blushing bride and gray granite.  The options are endless.  I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list all the supplies at the bottom of this post and they can all be purchased on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Artistically Asian (141781 / Retiring June 3), Bokeh Dots (148113)
Dies:  Rose Trellis (148549 / Retiring June 3), Layering Ovals (141706), Stitched Shapes (145372)
Inks: Blushing Bride (131172), Melon Mambo (126948), Pear Pizzaz (131180), VersaMark (102283)
Cardstock: Whisper White (100730), Blushing Bride (131189)
Miscellaneous: Whisper White Sheer Ribbon (144172), Dimensionals (104430), Gold Embossing Powder (109129)

No comments:

Post a Comment