Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Best Catch

So my journey to make 100 (or more cards) for the card swap at the upcoming Stampin' Up On Stage in a few days over in Charlotte, NC continues.


Today I decided to work on some masculine cards (in honor of the men in my life who are all great fisherman).  I just fell in love with this bundle and I see many more cards using it in my future (actually I will be posting one I did for a swap group I belong to in a few days, once they have all seen it) because this set is too awesome not to use over and over.  



Once again I feel I need to apologize for my lack of photography skills.  I wish I could have captured the shine from the fish (it looks like it is wet, but I will explain that as I go).  So I started my card with a piece of Thick Very Vanilla for the base (5 1/2 x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/2").  I then added a layer of Night of Navy card stock that measured 5 1/4 x 4" (a little hint here, I needed a piece of the Night of Navy for my sentiment layer so I cut out a piece from the center since it is going to be covered up by the next layer that is 1 1/4 x 3 1/4").  I cut a piece of Sahara Sand card stock to 3 3/4 x 5" and 1 x 3" (this one is for the sentiment and will be used later).  

To get the affect I was looking for I stamped the larger piece of the Sahara Sand card stock with Crumb Cake ink using the Cracked Paint background stamp.  I then used a distressing tool and roughed up the four sides.  Next I took a stamping sponge (I cut mine into four pieces so they go further and I also feel I have better control) and used it to rub a little Crumb Cake ink on the edges to further distress the piece.  

For the fish I stamped it onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock with Memento ink (as I have said before I use the Memento anytime I am using alcohol markers so I don't get smearing) and cut it out using the coordinating die.  When I had it all cut out I colored it in using Stampin Blends.  To give it that wet look (gosh I wish you could see how cool that actually looks), I placed my fish face down onto my Versamark ink pad and just pushed down.  I then lifted it off and covered it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it (thus making it shiny like you would expect a fish to be).  I cut the cattails from a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock using that same coordinating die set.  I used a piece of my stamping sponge with Pear Pizzazz ink to distress it as well and give it a little dimension.  I colored the cattails themselves with Stampin Blends.  

For the sentiment I used the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set (you could use any sentiment you wanted I was just trying to stay a little neutral since this is a swap card).  I stamped it onto the smallest piece of the Sahara Sand card stock that I cut out using Night of Navy ink.  I then layered that piece onto the smallest piece of the Night of Navy card stock that I cut out and wrapped it with Linen Thread.

To assemble the card I simply layered it and added the sentiment on an angle at the bottom using dimensions, glued the cattails under the right side of it and added my fish (using dimensions as well) to the top left.  

There you have it.  I had a blast making this card and I hope you enjoy it as well.  I will list the supplies I used below and they can be purchased from my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla (144237), Sahara Sand (121043), Very Vanilla (101650), Night of Navy (100867), and Pear Pizzazz (131201)
Inks: Night of Navy (147110), Memento (132708), Crumb Cake (147116), Versamark (102283) and Pear Pizzazz (147104)
Stampin Blends (combos): Soft Suede (147273), Bermuda Bay (144600), Granny Apple Green (147274), and Petal Pink (147272)
Stamp Sets: Dragongly Dreams (142924) and Cracked Paint (148752)
Bundle (this is a stamp and die set and you save 10% buying them as a bundle from now until June 3rd):  Best Catch (150605)
Misc.:  Stamping Sponge (141337), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Heat Tool (129053), Linen Thread (104199) and Dimensionals (104430)
And as always the adhesive of your choice

No comments:

Post a Comment