Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Life looks beautiful on you!!

So it is back to cards for the swap for this upcoming On Stage Stampin' Up event I am attending over in Charlotte, NC this Saturday.  I am so super excited, this is my first event as a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I just can't wait.  So todays cards are more using the Beautiful You stamp set, I just can't seem to get enough of this set.



I made these in several different color combinations, not sure which is my favorite, how about you?

So lets talk about how simple this card was to make.  I started with a base that was made using a 5 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock that was scored at 4 1/4" to make a perfect card.  I then cut a piece of card stock (as you can see I used Daffodil Delight on one, Highland Heather on another and finally Petal Pink on the last) to 4 x 5 1/4" to use as my first layer.  I then stamped this to turn it into a custom make piece of DSP using the Very Vintage hostess stamp set (I just love this lace stamp).  For the Daffodil Delight and Highland Heather I used the same color ink and made them tone on tone, however, for the Petal Pink I decided to give Crumb Cake ink a try and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

So for my ladies, I cut Whisper White card stock out using the second to the smallest rectangle from the Rectangle Stitched Framelits and for the sentiment I cut Whisper White card stock using the small square die in that same set.  I then stamped the lady and the sentiment (both from the Beautiful You stamp set) with Memento ink (again because I am using alcohol markers to color my lady and I don't want the black to bleed into my markers).  I colored each lady with the coordinating Stampin Blend Combo markers.  

Then I cut mats for the ladies and sentiments (I used Soft Sea Foam card stock for the yellow and Crumb Cake for the others), the mat for the lady was cut using the 3rd from the smallest rectangle from the Rectangle Stitched Framelits and the mat for the sentiment was cut at 1 7/8 x 1 3/8".  I did use dimensionals to pop up the sentiment in the bottom right corner.  

As a finishing touch I added a half of one of the Pearlized Doilies to the lady before I adhered her to the card front (yes you read that right, I cut the doily in half since it seemed a waste to high more than half of it under the paper).  

This is another of those simple and yet classy cards that can be made into sets by simply changing up the colors you use.  I will post a list of supplies I used below which are available for sale on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this post.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Whisper White (100730), Daffodil Delight (119683), Highland Heather (146986), Petal Pink (146985), Crumb Cake (120953) and Soft Sea Foam (146988)
Inks:  Memento (132708), Daffodil Delight (147094), Highland Heather (147103) and Crumb Cake (147104)
Stampin Blend Markers:  Petal Pink 147272), Daffodil Delight (144603) and Highland Heather (147276)
Dies:  Rectangle Stitched  Framelits (148551)
Stamp Sets: Very Vintage (146801) and Beautiful You (143637)
Misc: Dimensionals (104430) and Pearlized Doilies (146936)

No comments:

Post a Comment