Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, April 6, 2019

You are my sunshine

I so loved that song when I was young and as soon as I saw this sentiment stamp I knew I needed to use it.  I love the use of the velum specialty paper on this project.  I keep finding myself coming back to this Floral Romance Specialty DSP because it just makes me happy. 


This card was a bit of a departure from my normal cardmaking but I am really happy I took it on.  I always feel velum is beautiful but not that easy to work with as the adhesive shows through it so much.  So here is how I worked around that.  I started with a basic whisper white cardstock base that is 4 1/4 x 11" and scored at 5 1/2" to make a perfect A-2 card.  

I cut the first layered mat out of Fresh Fig cardstock (this one is retiring on June 3rd so order it now if you love it so you don't miss out if you love it) at 5 1/4 x 4", I then cut the center of it leaving about a 1" boarder on all four sides (this was done for two reasons, the first being that I wanted the white card base to show through my velum making it stand out more and the second was a trick a friend taught me (you save paper that you can use on another card and you save weight which can play into things when mailing cards that are multiple layers).  I then cut a piece of Petal Pink card stock at 3 3/4 x 5" and using the layering ovals framelits I cut the largest of the oval dies out of the center of this piece.  I cut my velum DSP at 3 1/4 x 4 1/4" and adhered it to the back of the oval (the Fine Tip Glue Pen works great for this).  

After I had those layers all mounted together I took a piece of the Floral Romance Specialty DSP cut at 1 x 4 1/2" and wrapped it around that layer and then played the whole card top on the whisper white base.  For my final element I used a 2" circle punch and punched out a Fresh Fig circle and then used the Stitched Labels framelits to cut the circle that I then stamped using Fresh Fig ink with the sentiment from the Stitched All Around stamp set (hint here, if you love this set think hard about ordering it as a bundle from now until June 3rd so you save 10% on the bundle, the order number for the bundle is 148374).  I added two little clear Jewels Basic Rhinestones and mounted it onto the Fresh Fig circle which I then popped up using dimensions.

I hope you enjoy this card and as always Happy Crafting!!!

The supplies used to make this card are listed below and can be purchased on my website at www.craftingwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:  Whisper White (100730), Petal Pink (146985) and Fresh Fig (146945)
DSP: Floral Romance Speciality (148586)
Stamp Set: Stitched all Around (146629)
Die Set:  Stitched Labels Framelits (146828) and Layering Ovals Framelits (141706)
Punch: 2" Circle punch (133782)
Ink:  Fresh Fig (147144)
Misc.: Jewels Basic Rhinestones (144220),  Fine Tip Glue Pen (138309) and Dimensionals (104430)


No comments:

Post a Comment