Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, April 26, 2019

Another Dragonfly Dreams and Petal Promenade Card

I really wanted to showcase these great products before they retire and are no longer available.  So here is today's card:



I started with a base made of whisper white cardstock (4 1/4 x 11", scored at 5 1/2").  I added a layer of blushing bride cardstock (4 x 5 1/4") and then I really wanted to use the petal promenade designer series paper but I wanted to soften it just a tad.  So to accomplish that I cut a piece of the paper at 3 3/4 x 5" and then took a piece of vellum that I had cut at 4 1/4 x 5" (which I scored at 1/4" and 4" on the 4 1/4 " side) I wrapped that vellum around the designer series paper and folded the scores over to the back side and glued it down.  I then attached that piece to the blushing bride layer and the whole thing to the card base.

I cut the box for the sentiment out of blushing bride cardstock using the Rectangle Stitched dies and then stamped the sentiment with Versa Mark ink and embossed it using the Cooper embossing powder.  I cut the small dragonflies (I used all five this time) out of the beautiful Cooper foil paper (it really did make them pop) and I adhered the dragonflies and the sentiment using the mini dimensionals.  I added a piece of the whisper white sheer ribbon to finish off the card.

Tip:  To keep the vellum closer to the paper and allow the design to show through just a bit more I added some glue dots under the dragonflies and the sentiment so it would pull the vellum closer to the designer series paper but they would not show.

I hope you enjoy this card, I know I sure like how it came out.  I will list the supplies I used below and they can be purchased through my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  But do remember that these products are on the retiring list so don't wait and miss out.  As always, Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
Paper:  Petal Promenade DSP (146913), Copper Foil (142020), Whisper White CS (101650), Blushing Bride (131198), Vellum (101856)
Ink:  Versa Mark (132708)
Dies:  Detailed Dragonfly(142749) and Rectangle Stitched (148551)
Misc.:  Copper Embossing Powder (141636), Whisper White Sheer Ribbon (144172), Mini Dimensionals (144108)

No comments:

Post a Comment