Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Golden Christmas

I am continuing on with my Christmas cards.  Today I worked with the Poinsettia Petals Bundle and Gold Foil and I am really pleased with the result.  This one is just a little more work but so worth it. 


The card base is Very Vanilla cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  The next layer is cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock (one of my favorites for Christmas cards) which is cut to  to 5 ¼ x 4”.  I used one of the stamps from the bundle along with VersaMark Ink and Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder which I heated with my Heat Tool to create a great background for my card.  I simply stamped the poinsettia all over the card layer to create my own DSP (Designer Series Paper) and heat embossed it. 

For my focal point I chose to create a Poinsettia from the dies in the bundle out of Very Vanilla cardstock and Gold Foil.  I cut one each of all three of the layers of the poinsettia (I love that these dies cut and emboss all at the same time).  Once this was done, I simply added some depth to my flower by curling the petals a little with my bone folder.  I layered all three of the sets together (largest to smallest) being sure of offset the petals so you see all of them. 

With the Pointsettia done I moved on to creating the foliage for my card.  I cut two leaves and two of the berry stems along with the center of the flower out of Gold Foil.  I attached the center to my poinsettia and then attached it to my card.  I added Dimensionals to the leaves to pop them up and I tucked them under the petals of the poinsettia.  I added the two berry stems behind the poinsettia as well.  To really make the poinsettia pop I brushed on a little of the Champaign Shimmer Paint (doesn’t show well in the photo but is beautiful in person). 

For my sentiment I stamped the sentiment “Merry Christmas” from the Arrange a Wreath stamp set onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock with Cherry Cobbler Ink and cut it out using the smallest of the stitched rectangle dies from the Stitched So Sweetly Die set.  I cut a piece of the Gold Foil using the next larger stitched rectangle die from that same set and attached my sentiment to it.  I used Dimensionals and popped the sentiment up as well. 

I really think this made a striking card and I am loving it, I hope you enjoy it as well.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Connie fantastic I to love poinsettia this is my Christmas theme for this year. I make a couple each week. Old fashioned I send around 30 cards at Christmas. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete