Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 2, 2020

Free As A Bird Gift Card Holder

I previously showed this with two other stamp sets and Designer Series Paper but today I decided to do another just to show how versatile this gift card holder can be.   Like many folks I often find myself sending gift cards because my recipients can get what they really want, in the right size and I am not spending a fortune on shipping.  So, with that said we need to have a nice way to present our gift cards and I love this idea.  

Here is what the front of the card looks like...

And here is what the inside of the card and the envelope look like...


The card base is Mint Macaron cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 2 ½” and 5 ½”.  The 2 ½” score line gets folded under to create a pocket for the gift card and the 5 ½ score gets folded so that you have a perfect 4 ¼ x 5 ½” card.

The designer series paper I chose for this project is from the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I love the flowers and the richness the Gold Foil elements add to the paper.  I cut two pieces of it to 2 ¾ x 4” and one piece to 2 ¼ x 4”.  The smaller one goes inside the card and covers the pocket for the gift card and the other two are adhered to the front left and the bottom right sides (I used one side of my paper on one side of the gift card and the other side on the other, I love that all the DSP has two sides giving me more options).  Once my paper was adhered, I cut a little semi-circle out of the center of my pocket (I used my ½” punch which has retired).  Then I adhered the two ends down (be sure to keep your adhesive close to the edges so your card can go in and out freely. 

For the front of my card I die cut the largest of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies out of Rococo Rose cardstock and the second largest of the dies out of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the birds from the Free As A Bird stamp set onto the Whisper White rectangle using TuBxedo Black Memento Ink.  Once that was done, I added a little dab of color using the Watercolor Pencils and Blending Pen.  I used Basic Gray, Early Espresso, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight from the basic set and Flirty Flamingo from Assortment 2 (I could have chosen a color from the basic set for my flowers but loved how the Flirty Flamingo worked with the DSP).  Once that was all colored, I attached it to my Rococo Rose rectangle.  I glued this piece onto just the left side of my card (so my card can open).

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 2 3/8 x 4” and stamped my sentiment “The world needs more of you” also from the Free As A Bird stamp set onto it with Mint Macaron ink.  I also added the little flower from the stamp set onto my envelope with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and added Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo Watercolor Pencil to it. 

And there you have it, a card and gift all in one.  I hope you enjoy this gift card holder and it is something you will enjoy making as well.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment