Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Accordion Fun Fold Card

I was inspired by a card that Lisa Curcio made using this cut fold.  Since I had not done one of these fun folds previously, I knew I had to give it a whir.  I used her cutting directions but added my own spin on parts of it.  I am pretty happy with the results.

Here is what the card looks like all folded up and with its belly band in place…



And here is what it looks like all opened up…


The card base is Bumble Bee card stock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 5 ½”.  There is a layer of Whisper White card stock on top of that that measures 4 x 5 ¼” which I stamped using the smaller of the Sunflowers stamp from the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle (I stamped it all around the perimeter of the Whisper White layer with Bumble Bee ink (creating my own DSP).  I attached this to the Bumble Bee layer.

For the accordion I cut a piece of Bumble Bee card stock to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored it at 3”, 5 ½”, 8” and 9 ½”.  I then added my Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper to the panels.  I cut one from the pink paper that measured 1 ¼ x 4”, one from the white and gold paper that measured 1 ¼ x 4”, one from the floral paper that measured 2 ¼ x4” and one small strip of the mint macaroon paper with gold foil that measured ½ x 4” (this is added to the far right of the bottom panel).  I also added two Whisper White panels where I could add a greeting or write my message.  On one of them I did stamp the small sunflower from the stamp set with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it using my Daffodil Delight, Cinnamon Cider and Old Olive Stampin’ Blend markers.  This layer is attached to the center of the card base. 

To keep my accordion all in place I created a belly band.  It was cut from Bumble Bee card stock and measures 1 ½ x 9 ½”.  Just fold it around your card and attach it to itself in the back of the card (be sure to keep it loose enough so you can slide it on and off).  To decorate my belly band, I stamped the sentiment “know that you are loved” also from the stamp set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Bumble Bee ink.  I die cut this out using the 2nd smallest of the circles from the Layering Ovals dies.  I also cut a scrap of Mint Macaroon card stock out using the 2nd smallest of the scalloped ovals from the same set and layered it with the sentiment.  To finish off I stamped the small sunflower onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and colored it the same as the one inside the card.  I then die cut it with the coordinating die from the bundle and popped it up on my card with Dimensionals.

I also stamped my envelope with the small sunflower with Bumble Bee ink, because no one wants a naked envelope, LOL.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment