Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 9, 2020

Balmy Blue Christmas

I have been trying to break old habits and try some new things.  One of those is my gravitation to Red and Green for Christmas.  So, this year I vowed to myself to go out on a limb and try some new colors for Christmas cards and to be honest it has been a whole lot of fun. 

Here is a card that uses Balmy Blue, White and Silver to create what I consider a very pretty Christmas card. 


The card base is of course Balmy Blue cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and ran it through my 3D Subtle Embossing Folder.  Once it was embossed, I used a Water Painter to add just a hint of Balmy Blue ink onto the center of the layer. 

Next, I die cut all my pieces using the Poinsettia Place dies.  I cut two large and one small leaf along with two berry sprigs from Silver Foil Paper.  I cut one large, one medium and one small set of Poinsettia petals out of both Whisper White and Balmy Blue cardstock using the dies (the great thing about these dies is that they have one piece that cuts the flowers while another piece lays inside of it and embosses all the little veins onto the paper to give the flowers a more realistic look). 

To prepare my pieces for the card I inked the edges of the Balmy Blue petals with a little Whisper White ink using a Stamping Sponge and the edges of the Whisper White were inked in Balmy Blue ink using a Stamping Sponge.  I then took each of the pieces and shaped them just a little using my Bone Folder.  I just gently pulled the petals and leaves over the bone folder to get some dimension and movement.  Then I started by adhering my two Poinsettia’s together.  Once that was done, I placed them where I wanted them on the card front and then tucked my silver foliage in around them to get my desired look (I did use dimensionals on all three leaves). For a finishing touch I added pearls from the Pearl Basic Jewels to the center of each of the flowers. 

All in all, I am very pleased with how this card turned out.  I hope you enjoy it and it helps others see Christmas doesn’t have to be just Red and Green.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment