Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Lovely You

I decided to take a break from Christmas cards and have a little fun with another wonderful bundle I purchased.  This one is called Lovely You and has both a stamp set and a punch (that makes 3 different widths of two different labels so it is super versatile).  For this card I decided to work with three of the new 2020 – 2022 In Colors, Magenta Madness, Just Jade and Bumble Bee and work to create my own Designer Series Paper. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Just Jade cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  To this I added a second layer that is Bumble Bee cardstock that is cut to 4 x 5 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” which I used to create my Designer Series Paper.  I started by selecting three different stamps from the Lovely You set and a color for each.  I stamped my largest image first (the foliage pieces) and stamped them randomly around the piece using Just Jade ink.  I then selected the second largest image (the larger flower) which I stamped randomly around the piece using Bumble Bee ink.  Finally, I selected a small image (another flower) which I used to fill in areas and I stamped it with Magenta Madness ink.  Put down scratch paper and be sure to let your stamp overlap the Whisper White layer so you get color all the way out and off the edges. 

Once I had all my stamping done, I attached it to the card base and went on and worked on my sentiment and embellishments.  I cut a piece of Just Jade cardstock using the Tasteful Labels die set (I love that this set cuts and also embosses a nice little border around the piece all at the same time.)  I cut a piece of Bumble Bee cardstock that measured ¾ x 3 ¼” and stamped my sentiment which is also from the bundle onto it using Just Jade ink.  I then punched both ends with the punch from the Lovely You bundle.  I chose the small flower stamp from the set and stamped two using Bumble Bee ink and three using Magenta Madness ink onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  I also stamped three of the little leaf bunches (when I cut them out I just used two from the bunch) with Just Jade ink.  I fussy cut all these pieces (fussy cut means I used my Paper Snips and cut them by hand).  I added Dimensionals under my sentiment and Mini Dimensionals under my flowers to attach them to the card.  For a little extra bling I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of the flowers.   

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment