Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, September 24, 2023

NC Demos September 2023 Blog Hop

 


Welcome to the NC Demos Blog Hop! We are so glad you are here! You might have already stopped by Kristine Vicente's post and know this month’s theme, but if you are just popping in this month’s theme is Two of a Kind.  I love this idea because it reminds us that it is often more about a good layout that a specific product. 

Here is what I came up with…



For card #1 I started with a Moody Mauve card base that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.   I cut another piece of the Moody Mauve this time to 4 x 5 ¼” and I embossed it using the new Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card base.  Next, I cut a piece of the beautiful All About Autumn Designer Series Paper to 2 1/8 x 4 ¾” and adhered it to a piece of Copper Clay cardstock that measured 2 3/8 x 5”.  I adhered this layer about ½” from the left side of my card. 

To embellish my card, I stamped the sentiment “I’m thankful” onto a scrap of Moody Mauve cardstock using Moody Mauve ink and then die cut it using one of the dies from the Autumn Leaves Dies.  I used those same dies and cut two leaves one from Copper Clay cardstock and one from the Rose Gold Specialty Paper.  I took a piece of the Natural Ribbon that was about 4” long and cut it in half.  Then I tied a knot in the center of it and began to shred the ribbon (there is a little piece that is left that is the edge of the ribbon just cut it off).  I used Tear & Tape to add the ribbon to my card because I wanted a strong adhesive to keep it in place.  I used Dimensionals and add my sentiment just overlapping the ribbon by a bit to hide the knot.  The two little leaves were just adhered tucked up under the sentiment and three little 2023 – 2025 In Color Dots (in Moody Mauve) finish it off.


For card #2 I used all the same measurements as about and just made a few adjustments.  I replaced the Moody Mauve cardstock with Boho Blue cardstock.  I used one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders on this one and chose to use the debossed side.  The mat for the DSP was cut from Garden Green cardstock and the Designer Series Paper I chose to use was Winter Meadows.  My sentiment is from the Magical Meadows Bundle and was stamped on Boho Blue cardstock using Boho Blue Ink.  The die is from the Something Fancy Dies.  I attached some Parakeet Party Metallic Woven Ribbon to the back of the sentiment and adhered it to the card using Dimensionals.  Then using more dies from the bundle, I die cut one of the blueberry branches out of Garden Green cardstock added the berry dies cut from Blueberry Bushel and tucked it up under the sentiment.  I added a couple of die cut pieces that were cut from the Distressed Gold Specialty Paper (I used scraps and then cut them apart to make them the size I wanted).  Three more of the 2023 – 2025 In Color Dots (this time in Boho Blue) and the card is done. 

I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.  Thank you for letting me share my project. Please stop by and see Laurie Meier's post. I know it will be great!

Happy Crafting!!!

Ronnie




THIS MONTH’S BLOG HOP LIST

Toni Campana 
Tina Lesson
Kristine Vicente
Ronnie Johnson 
Laurie Meier
Kelly Taranto - The Late Night Stamper
Tracie Evans Langley, the Sassy Stamper


Product List (Card 1)
Product List (Card 2)

14 comments:

  1. Wow Ronnie---those are gorgeous cards!! Your color schemes are so beautiful and I love the overall design. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristine, I really enjoyed this challenge

      Delete
  2. Ronnie - Welcome to the blog hop!! Your cards are absolutely amazing! I love the tone on tone color for your card bases, and the embossed piece adds such a great touch. The color combinations that you chose are stunning. Hope you don't mind if I CASE your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, welcome to our monthly blog hop! I do hope you'll continue to participate, it's always fun to see what Tracie comes up with as themes :) I love both of your cards. It's a very versatile layout and one I am definitely going to try out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I intend to do more of these, I loved participating.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful cards, Ronnie! You totally rocked your first blog hop! Thank you SO much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you I loved hopping with you guys and looking forward to the next one.

      Delete