Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, September 21, 2023

I’m Thankful

Today I am thankful that I have such a great group of friends to craft with.  So this card is perfect for this months card club.  It features the Autumn Leaves Bundle and the Oxidized Copper Specialty Paper.  I am loving how it turned out.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Early Expresso cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I took a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the new Distressed Tile 3D Embossing Folder (hint here, if you lightly mist your cardstock with the Stampin’ Spritzer filled with water the embossing is much deeper and more obvious).  Once that was embossed and completely dry from the spritzer, I adhered it to my card base.  Then I took a piece of the copper-colored Oxidized Copper Specialty Paper and cut it to 2 x 4” and embossed it with one of the embossing folders from the Basics 3D Embossing Folder set.  I adhered this to the bottom of the card front. 

To cover the seam where the specialty paper lays over the cardstock, I grabbed a 1/2” strip of Pretty Peacock cardstock and die cut (well not cut more like poked little holes into it) using one of the really neat dies in the bundle.  I purposely cut it a little to long so I could adhere it where I wanted and just trim either end.  This is a really neat die it made my paper look more like a nice ribbon but so much easier to adhere than ribbon.   

I die cut the sentiment label from the dies out of Basic White cardstock and stamped my sentiment “I’m thankful” onto it with Pretty Peacock Ink.  I popped this up on the front of the card using Dimensionals.  For my last addition to the front of the card I added two leaves die cut from the Oxidized Copper Specialty Paper using one of the leaf dies from the bundle.  Finally for the inside of the card I just added a piece of Basic White cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” that I had adhered a 1 x 4” strip of the Oxidized Copper Specialty Paper to. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment