Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Tuesday, May 5, 2026

MOONLIT FLORA FOUR PANEL

Today’s card features the new Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper and the new Fern & Flora Bundle.  I knew when I saw this suite of products in the new May – August Mini catalog that they were going to be a hit with myself and my customers so I decided to use it first.  I used one of my trusty card templates that I keep in a binder for when I am looking for inspiration.  I create these templates from cards I have seen over the years or just from ideas I have in my head and make them out of cheap cardstock and then I can draw on them for ideas for card layouts (I will share a picture of this one at the end of the post). 

Here is what I came up with today…

The card base is Soft Seafoam cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I orientated this card to be a landscape card rather than a traditional portrait style card just to add some interest for my card class.  I added a layer of the new Peaceful Pine cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  Please don’t hate me but I found that some of these pieces just needed to be cut at 1/8” rather than our standard ¼”. 

I cut four mats from Soft Seafoam cardstock, the first at 1 5/8 x 3 ¾” and then I cut a piece of Golden Glow cardstock to 1 ½ x 3 5/8” and embossed it.  I used a retired embossing folder called Fern 3D because I don’t have the new folder called Fern & Flora, you can use any folder you want.  Once it was embossed I just lightly ran my Golden Glow Ink Pad over it to add some extra dimension and added this the first mat.  Next, I cut a mat at 1 3/4" x 3 ¼” and added a piece of the Moonlit Flora DSP that measured 1 5/8 x 3 1/8” (watch your pattern orientation).  Now it is on to mat number three, I cut it to 1 ¾ x 1 7/8” and to that I added a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 1 5/8 x 1 ¾” before attaching it to the mat I and stamped it using the stamp from the Fern & Flora Bundle, I used the sentiment “SINCERE THANKS” using the Peaceful Pine Ink in the very top left corner, then I stamped the floral image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it with the Mossy Meadow and Golden Glow Stampin’ Blend Markers.  Finally, for the fourth mat I cut a mat to 1 3/8 x 1 7/8” and added a piece of the DSP that measured 1 ¼ x 1 ¾” (again watch that pattern orientation).  When all the mats were complete, I added them to my card being sure to keep everything equally spaced.

I then using the dies from the bundle I cut the large fern out of Peaceful Pine cardstock, the Fiddle Head and another foliage piece (sorry I don’t know its name) out of Soft Seafoam cardstock.  I added these pieces to the top of the embossed.  Then I cut a piece of the new Golden Glow Bordered Ribbon and tied a little square knot bow and added it to the bottom of my die cuts with a Mini Glue Dot. 

Here is the card template I used for this card.

For the inside of the card, I simply cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped one corner with the same floral image I used on the front of the card with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it with the Mossy Meadow and Golden Glow Stampin’ Blend Markers.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment