Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, September 8, 2023

Colored Vellum

Today’s card features the new Translucent Florals Bundle found in the new September to December Mini Catalog.  During the preview of the new catalog we were able to make cards along with other demonstrators using this bundle and I loved it but added a little of me to it as well.  The use of vellum in the card creates such a nice affect I really wanted to share it.   

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut another piece of Basic White cardstock this time to 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and embossed it with one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders (there are three in the set and I use them a lot because they go with everything).  I added this to the center of my card base and popped it up with Dimensionals.  Next, I took a small piece of Basic White cardstock and stamped the sentiment (from the bundle) onto it using Shaded Spruce Ink.  Once I was done stamping, I cut it out using the 2nd from the smallest of the Deckled Rectangles dies and I added it to my card centering it on the right side of my embossed layer again using Dimensionals.

Now to get busy decorating the card.  I grabbed some scraps of the Vellum Basics 12 x 12” Specialty Designer Paper.  I colored the back of some of the polka dotted pieces with Light Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends and some with the Dark Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends.  Once that was done, I die cut my petals and shaped my flowers.  I used my bone folder to help shape the petals and then offset the two pieces to create the flower.  I attached them to one another using Mini Glue Dots.  Then I took some scraps of the vellum that have leaves on them and colored the back of them using Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends (I used the lighter one) and die cut out two of the leaves.  Then I stamped two sets of the leaves onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Shaded Spruce Ink and then I die cut them.  I arranged my flowers and leaves onto the front of my card and for a final addition I colored three of the Adhesive-Backed Sparkle Gems with the Dark Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends and added two to the center of the flowers and one on the sentiment piece.  And there you have it!

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment