Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, September 1, 2023

Sending a Handmade Hug

The Crafting With You Bundle is so much fun to work with.  Now as you might guess I have a fair amount of friends who are into crafting so when Stampin’ Up! released this bundle I was thrilled.  I made two variations of today’s card.  The first is a vertical card and features the new (well returning) color Lemon Lime Twist and the second is a horizonal card featuring the new Berry Burst color.   

Here is what I came up with…

  

Let’s start with the Lemon Lime card.  The card base is Lemon Lime Twist cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I grabbed the stamp from the stamp set that features the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and stamped it all over my card base using Lemon Lime Twist Ink (great way to make your own Designer Series Paper).  I then cut a strip of Glorious Gingham 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper that also features the Lemon Lime Twist color to 2 x 4 ¼”.  I cut a little flag on the bottom and adhered it toward the left side of the card base.  I die cut the second to the largest stitched circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies out of a piece of Basic White cardstock.  I took that same stamp and stamped off once onto my grid paper and then stamped it in the center of the circle (this makes it lighter so my words can be seen better).  Then I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set that reads “SENDING YOU A handmade HUG” also using Lemon Lime Twist Ink.  I added this to my card using Dimensionals and then added three of the Lemon Lime Twist Tinsel Gems to finish off this card. 

Here is the horizonal card made using Berry Burst…

This card was made the same way as the first with some minor changes.  The card base is Berry Burst cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Again, I grabbed the stamp from the stamp set that features the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and stamped it all over my card base this time orienting it to a horizonal look and stamped it using Berry Burst Ink.  I then cut a strip of Glorious Gingham 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper that also features the Berry Burst color to 2 x 3 ¾”.  I cut a little flag on the bottom and adhered it toward the left side of the card base.  I created my sentiment the same way as the card about just replacing the Lemon Lime Twist Ink with Berry Burst ink.  Again, I added this to my card using Dimensionals and then added three of the Berry Burst Tinsel Gems to finish off this card.   

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List for Both Cards
Product List for Lemon Lime Twist Card

No comments:

Post a Comment