Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Hello Blooms and Boughs

Today’s card features the Layering Leaves stamp set and coordinating Bough Punch, the Irresistible Booms Bundle and some Vellum.  Well, this card is a pretty busy little thing and it used several products and several techniques so I hope you enjoy it.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Azure Afternoon cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” (this is one of the new colors that Stampin’ Up! introduced in the new Annual Catalog and one that I love).  To add some interest to this layer I grabbed my Azure Afternoon Ink and my Layering Leaves Stamp Set and went to work.  I stamped one of the leaves in the top right corner and one in the bottom left corner and then added the little dots all over the rest of the card base.  This tone on tone is a nice look and makes a great background.

I then cut a piece of Vellum cardstock to 2 ½ x 3 ½” and embossed it using one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders.  I attached this to the center of my card base being mindful to put the adhesive where it would be covered by my focal point.  While I had that vellum cardstock out, I grabbed my Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend marker and colored the back side of some scraps that I then punched out using the Bough Punch (it is so awesome that you can use these markers to make any coordinating-colored vellum you want).  I stamped the same leaves as I had on the base onto a couple scraps of Granny Apple Green cardstock using Granny Apple Green Ink and again punched them out using the Bough Punch. 

Now, to move onto the flowers.  I stamped one large and two small flowers from the Irresistible Blooms Bundle (an online exclusive product) onto Petal Pink cardstock using VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed it with White Stampin Emboss Powder.  Once that was done, I die cut them using the dies in the bundle.  I love this set because the stamp does all the work for you.  I added those flowers to the center of the vellum layer using Dimensionals and began working my leaves in around it at the top left and bottom right.  These were adhered just at the base and tucked up under the flowers. 

For my final additions I stamped the word “hello” from the Layering Leaves stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using the Azure Afternoon Ink.  I fussy cut around the word and adhered it to the center of my flowers.  I added three of the little Iridescent Pearls Basic Jewels and my card was complete. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment