Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Technique Tuesday – Torn Paper

Today’s card features the beautiful Inked & Tiled Stamp Set and Inked Botanicals Designer Series Paper.  I will be sharing two techniques on today’s card.  The first is adding raised lines to the card by scoring and the second is a torn paper technique.

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Lost Lagoon cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and scored it on the 4” side at ¼” and ½” (so when I flip this piece over, I have added two raised lines).  Next, on the right-hand side I tore my paper over about ½” or so being sure to tear towards myself for the best affect.  I then stamped my image and sentiment in Lost Lagoon Ink.  See the video for more information.

https://youtu.be/R3Eqjx-x30Q

Then I took a piece of the Inked Botanicals Designer Series Paper that measured 1 ¼ x 5 ¼” and tore it towards me taking off about ½”.  The best way to make sure when you add the DSP to your Very Vanilla that your layer is going to be the right size is to lay the DSP down on your card base making sure you have even margins on the top, bottom and right.  Add adhesive to the left side of your DSP and then lay down your Very Vanilla piece making sure you keep those consistent margins on the left, top and bottom and adhere (the video shows just how to do this).  Once those pieces are adhered to one another I added Dimensionals to pop this layer up on my card. 

To finish off my card I added a little square knot bow made from Lost Lagoon Bordered Ribbon and three gems.  The gems are Rhinestone Basic Jewels that I colored using my Lost Lagoon Stampin’ Blend Marker so they coordinated with my paper, ink and ribbon. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment