Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Earthen Textures Vertical Easel

The new Stampin’ Up! Earthen Textures Bundle is so much fun to work with.  I especially love it with the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder and the coordinating Earthen Elegance Designer Series Paper.  I was excited to check out this bundle so I decided to use it to make a fun fold card and decided on the vertical easel.   

Here is what I came up with…

  

The card base is Early Espresso cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 2 1/8” and 4 ¼”.  Once I had my base, I cut my Designer Series Paper for the front of the card.  I chose this beautiful paper that looks really organic and goes well with the colors I chose for my card.  I cut two pieces to 2 x 5 3/8” and adhered them to the front of my card leaving equal distances (about 1/8” on all the sides.  Once I had that done it was time to work on the mechanism that allows my card front to pop out.  This is created by cutting two pieces of the Early Espresso cardstock to 1 ½ x 1 ½” scored at ¾”.  These pieces are folded on the scoreline and then adhered to the center of the card base to either side of center, butting up right to the center.  See Photo

Now it is time to work on our pop out portion of the card.  I cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock to 3 x 4 ¼” and a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 2 7/8 x 4 1/8”.  I embossed the Very Vanilla layer using the Twisted Rope 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to the Early Espresso Layer.  I die cut both sizes of the pots out of the Pretty Peacock colored DSP from the Earthen Elegance papers.  I also die cut the handle that I used for the small pot and the sticks I placed in the large pot out of Early Espresso cardstock.  Then I die cut the large palm leaf from the dies out of Pretty Peacock.  To give this piece extra dimension I simply snipped the little peace of cardstock between each frond so that I could bend them on the crease giving my piece additional depth.  I cut the design for the front of the larger pot out of Gold Foil using one of the dies in the bundle (it was longer than needed so I just put it where I thought it looked good and cut off the excess from each side).  I use my bone folder to curve each of the pots and added my Dimensionals down the center and attached them.  I added my sticks and palm leaf by just sticking them down inside the pots.  This piece is then centered and adhered to the two pieces of the mechanism that were created earlier.  See Photo

Now to move onto the easel itself.  I cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock to 1 3/8 x 5 3/8” and a piece of the same DSP I used to create my pots to 1 ¼ x 5 3/8”.  I adhered the DSP to the cardstock leaving an equal border on the left and right and no boarder at the top or bottom.  This gets adhered to the inside right of the card using Dimensionals and becomes what holds our vertical easel cards front out.  For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 2 ¾ x 5 3/8” and stamped the sentiment from the bundle “YOU ALWAYS KNOW JUST WHAT TO SAY AND DO” onto the top of it using Pretty Peacock ink.  This was then adhered to the inside left of the card.  There you have it a vertical easel card featuring the Earthen Textures Bundle. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment