Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Just an Earthen Elegance Note

Today’s card features products from the Earthen Elegance Suite.  I am having a great time with this suite of products.  So many things to do and so little time.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Copper Clay cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and stamped the sentiment “Just a Note” from the Go To Greetings stamp set (and yes it is certainly a go to for me) in the upper right hand corner using Copper Clay ink.  Then I stamped one of the pots from the Earthen Textures Bundle right on the bottom center of that piece using Berry Burst ink.  I masked that piece (Stampin’ Up! sells a masking paper, you just stamp your image on it and fussy cut it out and it is slightly sticky on one side and you can mask your stamped image so you can add more without mixing them together) and I stamped my foliage piece in Copper Clay Ink. 

Next, I used the dies and die cut two sets of palm fronds out of Berry Burst cardstock and two sets of the twigs out of Copper Clay cardstock.  I also die cut one of the smaller pots out of the Earthen Elegance Designer Series Paper (yes this looks just like some of the pottery pieces my mother use to collect) and the top with the handle was cut out of Copper Clay cardstock.  I attached the two pieces of the pot together and added them to the card front with Dimensionals.  I just tucked the palm fronds down inside and adhered them.  For the larger pot I die cut it from Night of Navy cardstock and then used the awesome texture die (it adds texture but does not cut through the paper).  I wrapped two pieces of the Natural Wavy Trim around the pot and then added it with Dimensionals also.  I tucked the twigs down into it and adhered them.  With that done I then cut a piece of Berry Burst cardstock to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” and mounted the basic white layer to it.  I added Dimensionals to the back of the Berry Burst and Basic White layer and popped it up on the card base.  I was really happy with how it worked out. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment