Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 21, 2023

Berry Harvest Spotlighted

Today’s card features the very large Berry Harvest Stamp.  I wanted to showcase just how versatile this stamp set can be.  I also wanted to re-share a video I did on my Youtube channel that shows an easy way to stamp these large background stamps.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 ¾ x 5” and stamped it using the Berry Harvest stamp set and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I also stamped a little piece of the Basic White cardstock that measured 2 x 3 ½” with the same stamp and ink.  See the link below for a tip on stamping with these large stamps:

https://youtu.be/q0iJ4ncWSCU

Once my stamping was complete, I die cut the smaller of the pieces using the second largest of the Taylor Made Tags Dies.  I used the Stampin’ Blends listed below to color in my image that was die cut (I show how to color these images on the video as well).  I adhered that onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 1 ¾ x 2 1/3”.  To make this look like the tag I simply cut off the two top corners leaving a reveal the same width as the rest of the piece. 

To assemble the card, I adhered my large stamped image to a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” and then added that to the center of my card base.  I used Dimensionals and popped up my tag at an angle on top of that.  I stamped my sentiment “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set (you could use any sentiment you wish from any set you have on hand) onto a scrap of Cherry Cobbler cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then cut each end at an angle.  I attached this across the tag portion of the card attaching it with adhesive where it laid across the tag and adding a Dimensional where it did not touch. 

For my final embellishments to the card, I added a bow to the top of the tag that was made from the Black and White Gingham Ribbon.  I also added three rhinestones in the top right corner.  To get them the color I wanted I used the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and colored them Cherry Cobbler using my dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend Marker. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment