Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Masking

 

Today’s card features a background that I created for one of my Technique Tuesday YouTube Videos using the Foursquare Decorative Masks.  I wanted to make this masked layer into a card that had no stamping on it.  Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Bubble Bath cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Boho Blue cardstock that measure 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” (But, first I die cut the shadow for my sentiment “Feel Better Soon” from the Wanted to Say Dies and my branch of leaves from the Dainty Delights Dies out of the center of this layer.  I was careful to stay away from the edges of my cardstock and since it was going to be covered with my masked layer and no one was going to see it made it a perfect little way to save on cardstock).  Once that was done I added my masked layer.  It is a piece of Basic White cardstock cut to 3 ¾ x 5” that I colored using one of the Foursquare Decorative Masks, Bubble Bath ink and a Blending Brush.  (video below shows how to do this). 


Once I had my two layers added to my card base, I die cut the “Feel Better Soon” out of a scrap of Lemon Lolly cardstock and adhered it to the base that I had already cut out of the Boho Blue.  I adhered my leaves and then popped my sentiment up on the card using Mini Dimensionals.  And there you have it, a card without stamping!

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment