Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, August 18, 2023

Pop-Up Tackle Box Birthday Card

Today’s card features the Gone Fishing Bundle and the Let’s Go Fishing Designer Series Paper.  I found the basic instructions for this card on Rachel Tessman’s YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfeEUPZGsT4 (she does such amazing things I have been following her for a long time and just love her style) and knew I wanted to recreate it.  She had made a Father’s Day card with the set that was a pop-up tackle box but I wanted a birthday card so here is what I came up with.



I wanted to use up some of my retired cardstock so I chose to use Sahara Sand and Soft Suede (Rachel used Early Espresso and Crumb Cake), don’t be afraid to use up what you have on hand.  For the internal mechanism it is best that you watch Rachel’s video because it is a little complicated to try to explain here and she does an amazing job of walking you through it. 

Gone Fishing Pop-Up Tackle Box Card Measurements …

  • Base Cardstock (we used Soft Suede/Retired)
    • 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored parallel to short side at 4-1/4” 
  • Pop-Up Tray & Sentiment Labels (we used Sahara Sand/Retired)
    • 1 sheet for die-cutting full tray twice and half tray twice
    • 1-1/2” x 4-7/8” (bottom of small tray)
    • 3-1/2” x 4-7/8” (bottom of larger tray)
    • (2) 1” x 5” each scored at ½”, 2-1/2” & 3” (large tray pop-ups)
    • (2) ½” x 2-1/2” each scored at ½”, 1-1/4” & 1-3/4” (small tray pop-ups)
  • Scraps of Basic White Cardstock, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand & Silver Foil to die cut tackle pieces

    • Basic White Cardstock 2 x 5 ½” for stamping tackle

I wanted my card to have a Designer Series Paper front so I chose to use the DSP from Let’s Go Fishing that featured the cute little very vanilla flies on the mossy meadow background (I cut it to 4 x 5 ¼” and rounded the bottom two corners).  I took one of the pieces left from die cutting and stamped one of the lures onto it using Early Espresso and stamping off first, them I stamped “Happy Birthday” from the Pansy Patch Stamp Set right over top of it.  I added a little Linen Thread and popped it up onto the card with Dimensionals.  I added one of the Rustic Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots to finish off the front.

For the inside (my tackle) I stamped several of the lures onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Real Red Ink, Lost Lagoon Ink, Berry Burst Ink and Lemon Lime Twist Ink and die cut them.  Next, I die cut the little blue and white bobber out of Basic White, Sahara Sand and Night of Navy Cardstock.  I also cut out the larger lure, two hooks and six sinkers from Silver Foil cardstock.  I scattered these throughout the tackle box adhering the sinkers directly to the paper and using Dimensionals on all the lures to pop them up. 

For my final addition I was proud to use the sentiment “So happy to celebrate you” which is from the Layering Leaves Stamp Set which was designed by Rachel to celebrate her Million Dollar Sales achievement.  This set is my favorite of all the current sets being offered by Stampin’ Up!  The sentiments are perfect and the font is beautiful.  I stamped it onto one of the extra pieces left from die cutting the inside of the tackle box using Early Espresso ink and then added it back in using Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment