Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, November 20, 2020

Celebrating Sunflowers Pocket Card

I have an amazing Stampin’ Up! upline named Karen Titus.  Karen has been a big supporter of all of our team and is constantly sharing ideas with us.  Today’s card was inspired by a card she shared with us a few months ago.  I changed a few things and added some of my own personality but I sure loved the basic design of this pocket card, it is so easy to change up using different DSP and other design elements. 


The card base is Just Jade cardstock that is cut 11 x 4 ¼” and scored at 5 ½” (you will need to cut two of these, see photos below) 



And then attach them together like this:



Now you need to cut your Designer Series Paper.  I chose to use Flowers for Every Season DSP.  When you do this cutting you actually end up with paper to make two cards.  So here is how you cut that.


You use one of each of the coordinating colors (one of the things I love about the coordinating papers from Stampin’ Up!  As you can see from my finished card above, I used a different set of papers for it.  The options are endless. 

For the inside of the card I cut two pieces of cardstock, the first one I cut from Bumble Bee cardstock and it measures 3 ¾ x 5”.  The second layer was cut from Very Vanilla cardstock and it measures 3 ½ x 4 ¾”.  I did add a little strip of coordinating DSP to the bottom of the Very Vanilla that measures ½ x 4 ¾” and I stamped my Sentiment “Let’s celebrate you” from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set onto it with Misty Moonlight ink.  Here is what that looks like:


Now to assemble the card.  You attach the two triangles of DSP to the coordinating card base areas leaving an equal reveal on all sides and then you can decide which side you want to cross over to be the front either the left or the right.  Once you have done that you will attach the bottom of both triangles with just a little line of adhesive (don’t go to large or your insert won’t fit).  Here is what I mean about layering the pieces:


Now comes the real fun.  We decorate our card.  I added some of the Bumble Bee In Color Ribbon and made a little bow.  I also stamped one of the small Sunflowers from the Celebrate Sunflowers suite onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I then die cut it using the coordinating dies from the bundle and colored it using Stampin’ Blends markers (listed below).  I cut two of the little leaf sprigs from the die set using Gold Foil Sheets.  I punched out a label from the Everyday Label punch from Just Jade cardstock and ran it through the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder just to add some texture.  I added the label to the bottom right corner using some Dimensionals and I adhered the gold leaf sprigs behind it and added the sunflower on lop of it. 

I hope you this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment