Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 23, 2020

Fun Fold Easel Card

I was wondering around on YouTube the other day and stumbled onto some videos from Teri Polock of the United Kingdom.  I loved her style and found a couple projects I wanted to try.  Well here comes the challenge, to figure out from centimeters to inches to get the look I wanted.  After some trial and more than one error I finally figured it out.  Thanks to Teri for some great inspiration. 





The first photo shows the card all folded up and ready to mail, the second shows it set up with the front panel tucked under the sentiment circle for display and the third photo shows the card opened up. 

This card has lots of pieces so it worked better for me to cut everything out and then stamp and assemble.  The card base is Bumble Bee cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”.  There is a mat cut from Bumble Bee cardstock that measures 3 x 4 ¼”.  There are also mats cut from Old Olive cardstock and they measure 4 x 5 ¼” and 4 x 2 ½”.  The Whisper White cardstock mats were cut from pieces that measured 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and cut out with the largest of the rectangle dies from the Stitched So Sweetly Die set, a piece that measured 2 ¾ x 4” that was cut out with the second largest of the rectangles from that same set, I cut one piece that measured 2 ½ x 4 ½” and I die cut the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes die (save the rest of this piece for some stamping we will be doing later.  I die cut the smallest of the scalloped circles from the Layering Circles dies out of a piece of 2 x 2” Bumble Bee cardstock.  And the final pieces are cut from the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I cut the first piece out of the daisy floral design and it measured 5 1/8 x 3 7/8”, and the second piece from the old olive with the beautiful metallic design that measured 3 7/8 x 2 3/8”.

Wow, that is a bunch of cutting for sure.  So now let’s stamp.  I stamped the sentiment “hello” from the Beauty Abounds stamp set onto the top of the small stitched circle using Old Olive Ink.  I then stamped my floral flourish (from that same stamp set) onto the left side of my largest Whisper White stitched rectangle using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I stamped the larger of the two small butterflies from that same stamp set onto the bottom right corner of the second largest of the Whisper White stitched rectangle.  Now comes that left-over Whisper White that you had after you cut out the stitched circle.  Stamp three small and one large of the smaller butterflies from the collection and die cut them using the coordinating Butterfly Beauty Dies.  I colored mine butterflies and my flourish in with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below).  Once I had my butterflies all colored, I shaped them a little using my bone folder and attached them to the front panel and one small one to the small Whisper White scalloped circle.

Assembly time.  Fold your first score line at 2 ¾” into a mountain fold and your second score line at 5 ½” into a valley fold (burnish well with the bone folder).  Attach your DSP to the appropriate mats and then attach those to the card.  Now attach the largest Whisper White Stitched rectangle to the Bumble Bee Mat.  This will be attached to the bottom of the card front centered on that mountain fold.  Now attach your little circle (mat the stitched Whisper White on onto the scalloped Bumble Bee one) by attaching a dimensional right at the top of the circle only and attaching this to the top of the card on the back that has the floral DSP.  Once this is done attach your stitched rectangle to the inside bottom of the inside of the card being sure to center it and verify that it will be hidden from the outside by the larger rectangle.  For my final embellishment I added three of the Champaign Rhinestone Jewels.  I know this sounds complicated but other than a lot of cutting it really is a pretty simple design once you figure it out.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it and I hope you will give this style of card a try, it is well worth the work.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed5 ½”  below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment