Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Pop Up Gift Card Holder

I was once again inspired by Teri Polock from the United Kingdom when she made her version of this cut little Pop Up Gift card holder.  After some fussing with the measurements to get it all into inches and the way I wanted it to look I am pretty happy with the result.



The base of the gift card holder was created from a piece of Garden Green cardstock that measured 4 ¼” x 10” and with the long side across the top of the Simply Scored Scoring Tool the cardstock was scored at 1 ½”, 4 5/8”, 5 ¾”, and 6 7/8”.  This piece is folded so that the score line at 4 5/8” and 5 ¾” are folded into a mountain fold.  Now here is the trick to making this pop-up gift card holder work.  You will use adhesive (I used Tear & Tape Adhesive because it is nice and strong, you will work as close to the edges as possible to allow the gift card room to fit down in) and you will adhere both the sides and the open bottom edge together.  Now using the 1 ½” Circle Punch you will punch a half circle from the center of this flap and then cut just a tiny strip of the top off (this makes the opening for the gift card). 

Now on to decorating our gift card holder.  The Designer Series Paper (I chose to use the Poinsettia Place paper) used to decorate the card holder was cut to the following sizes:

2 7/8 x 4” (cut 4 each)

1 3/8 x 4” (cut 2 each)

I adhered my larger pieces of DSP to each of the four larger areas.  For my smaller flap I rounded the corners on both the cardstock and the DSP using the Detailed Trio punch and then adhered the DSP to the cardstock flaps.  I then die cut some pieces to write my message on, I chose to use two of the cut stitched dies from the Stitched So Sweetly die set (this one is great because it has lots of different shapes).  I cut the largest from Garden Green cardstock and the smaller one from Very Vanilla cardstock.  (see photo above)

To keep my gift card holder shut I chose to use the 3/8” Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon and I tied it around the holder and into a bow.  Next, I stamped the sentiment “Happy Holidays” from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Garden Green Ink and I die cut it using the second smallest of the circles from the Layering Circles dies.  I also cut the second smallest of the scalloped circles from that same set out of Garden Green cardstock and adhered the circles together.  I punched a hole in the top of the sentiment circles and attached it to my ribbon with gold cording from the Wonders of the Seasons Ribbon Combo Pack.  When the gift card holder is opened up the gift card springs up and stands nice and straight.  Below is a photo that shows the same design just with a different paper and ribbon, the options are limitless. 


And there my friends you have it.  A super cute way to present a gift card either for the holidays or with a quick change of DSP for any occasion.  I hope you enjoyed this project. As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Happy Crafting!!!

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment