Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 16, 2020

Blessed with a Wild Rose

I have some new customers who are attending my classes and one thing they were interested in learning more about was sponging so I decided to make one of the cards for this month’s class all about sponging technique and this is what I came up with…


The card base is Purple Posy cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I did orient my card into a landscape this time.  I cut two more layers, one from Rococo Rose that is 3 ¾ x 5” and one from Whisper White that is 4 7/8 x 3 5/8”. 

I sponged the Whisper White layer with Seaside Spray ink using one of the Stamping Sponges (they come three to a package and I cut mine into fourths and add a little piece of cardstock with the name of the ink on it, just bend it over the top of the wedge and staple it on, I have one for each of my colors so I don’t contaminate my ink pads).  I started off the cardstock and worked from the top left corner to the bottom right corner and blended and added ink until I got the background look, I wanted.  (TIP:  Always start off the cardstock to prevent dark streaks).  I stamped my sentiment “Blessed” from the To A Wild Rose stamp set onto the bottom right corner with Rococo Rose ink. 

I then took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped two of the roses and two of the leaf clusters from the To A Wild Rose stamp set onto it using VersaMark ink and added White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using my Heat tool.  I used Pear Pizzazz ink and my sponge to color my leaves.  I sponged my roses with Seaside Spray and Rococo Rose ink to get a variegated look.  Once everything was sponged, I ran a clean paper towel over the top of the stamped images to pick up any ink that was laying on top of the embossing.  Then I used the coordinating Wild Rose Dies to cut the images out.

To assemble my card, I simply added a piece of the Purple Posy Scalloped Linen Ribbon that was about 4 ½” long to the center of the card and then added my roses and leaves using Dimensionals.  For my final touch I added three of the Pearl Basic Jewels which I think give cards a nice classy look. 

The sentiment I chose for the inside is from the same stamp set and it says “True friendship is one of God’s greatest gifts” and now isn’t that the truth.  This card is going off to a very special friend who has been a blessing in my life and is truly a gift.


I hope you enjoy this card and the sponging technique I used.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment