Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

FLUTTERING IN TO SAY GET WELL

Today’s card features the Butterfly Flight and Classic Greetings Hot Foil Dies along with the Everyday Essentials Mix and Match Designer Series Paper.  I have been having a blast using the new hot foil system and the great dies that are available for it.  Afterall, everyone loves a little shine and blight right?

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Lost Lagoon cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of the Everyday Essentials Mix and Match Designer Series Paper (I loved this rose pattern) to 4 x 5 ¼” and mounted that onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 1/8 x 5 3/8”.  Once those two pieces were attached to one another, I added them to the front of the card with Dimensionals. 

For my butterflies I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock and a piece of the Gold Stampin’ Hot Foil Roll to 3 ½ x 4 ½” and I used the Butterfly Flight Hot Foil Dies to foil the butterflies onto the white cardstock (Stampin’ Up! has a great video on how the Hot Foil System works on YouTube).  With the butterflies foiled I grabbed the Butterfly Flight Decorative Masks and went to work coloring my butterflies (I love using these masks it makes coloring so easy).  Using Blending Brushes I started with mask 1 and added Barely Blush Ink, then onto mask 2 I added Bubble Bath Ink, for mask 3 I added Strawberry Slush Ink.  I love how the butterflies came out.  Next, I simply used the coordinating die that comes with the Butterfly Flight bundle and cut out my butterflies.  I took a scrap of Basic White cardstock and a scrap of Gold Stampin’ Hot Foil and foiled the sentiment “get well” from the Classic Greetings Hot Foil Dies.  I used Dimensionals to pop up the greeting as well as three of my five butterflies.

For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and added the smallest of my butterflies down on the bottom right.  For my envelope I added the last of the butterflies to the flap. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment