Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

GRATEFUL FOR YOU SLIM LINE CARD (9-9-26)

Today’s card is all about techniques.  I have done cards like this before and I always enjoy them.  It is really hard to capture in photos but each leaf is very shiny because it was embossed with clear embossing powder.  I love this technique especially when I am working with lots of color.  Here’s what I came up with… 

The card base is Basic White cardstock cut to 7 x 8” and scored at 3 ½”.  I added a layer of Pretty Peacock cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 7 ¾”.  Next, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 x 7 ½”.  I used a Blending Brush to add some Barley Blush Ink to just a few areas to add interest, then I added that to the card front.

I used scraps of Basic White cardstock and Blending Brushes and created an inked effect using Lemon Lolly, Crisp Cantaloupe, Balmy Blue, Lost Lagoon, Pretty Peacock, and Fresh Freesia Inks.  I used this paper to punch out 7 leaves using the Simply Leaves Bundle.  I added the veins using one of the stamps in the set and Pecan Pie Ink. 

Once my leaves were all done, I pressed them (inked side down) into a pad of VersaMark Ink and then coated them in Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them.  It doesn’t show well in photos but in real life it is a really nice effect.  I curled each of the leaves to give them the look of movement.  I added my leaves to the card starting in the center and working my way up and down to spread them evenly, they were attached with two Dimensionals each.

To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment “Grateful for You” in Pretty Peacock Ink, the stamp is from the Soiree Salutations Stamp Set which is from the new upcoming September – December Catalog (It will be item #168337).  Note: this set also coordinates perfectly with the Three Banner Punch which I used to punch it out.  I also punched one out of Pretty Peacock, cut it in half and added it to the back of my sentiment just letting a little stick out from each end.  I added that to the bottom of the leaves using a Dimensional on the right side and adhering the left side to the bottom leaf.  I added six of the Glossy Garden Dots which is also from the new upcoming September - December Catalog (it will be item #168577).  For the inside I stamped one of the small leaves in Pretty Peacock Ink.  I did the same thing to the envelope which is just a business sized envelope.  

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment