Today’s card was inspired by a card on the Stampin’ Up! website that is one of the samples for this set. I wanted different colors so I used the Color Coach Color Wheel to decide on the colors for this card (I use it often) and I chose to make it using Triadic Colors. That is three colors placed in equal spaces from one another on a color wheel. They form an equilateral triangle 120 degrees apart. Here is what I came up with…
The card base is Blackberry Bliss cardstock
cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. I
cut a piece of Pecan Pie cardstock to 3 ¼ x 8” and embossed it using the
Seasonal Cheer Embossing Folder (there are three in the set I used the
leaves). I used Pecan Pie Ink and a
Blending Brush and added ink to the raised leaves just to give the piece more
texture. I added two strips of Gold Foil
3/8 x 8” and attached them to each side of the cardstock. Then I laid the cardstock across the card
base touching each corner to the top right and bottom left of it. I flipped it over and drew a light pencil
line on the fold side and cut that. With
that done I went ahead and adhered the piece to the card base. It was still long on the top but that was
easy to trim after it was attached.
Next, I cut a piece of Pecan Pie cardstock
to ¾ x 3 ½” and stamped the sentiment “Thinking of you often” from the Simply
Leaves Stamp Set onto it using Blackberry Bliss Ink. I cut a little flag into the right end and
added to my card using Dimensionals.
Then I stamped three of the small leaves from the Simply Leaves Stamp
Set onto scraps of Basic White cardstock.
One each stamped in Blackberry Bliss, Pecan Pie and Shaded Spruce and
fussy cut them out. I added the shaded
spruce and blackberry directly to the card tucking the stems up under the
sentiment. I added a couple Dimensionals
to the pecan pie leave and added it to the center. To finish of the front of the card I made a
triple bow out of Linen Thread and added it to the top of the center leaf with
a Mini Glue Dot. I added three of the
Adhesive-Backed Metallic Gems.
For the inside of the card, I cut a piece
of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the same three small leaves I
stamped for the front of the card again using Pecan Pie, Blackberry Bliss and
Shaded Spruce Inks. I stamped the center
leaf first and then using the Stampin’ Up! Masking Paper I created a mask and
used it to cover the center leaf and stamped the other two. I did the same thing for the envelope.
I hope you enjoy this card I certainly
enjoyed making it. As always you can
find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the
shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed
below. Be sure to follow me at:
Facebook
at: https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net
YouTube
at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/
Happy Crafting!!!
.jpeg)

![Simply Leaves Photopolymer Stamp Set (English) [ 168158 ] Simply Leaves Photopolymer Stamp Set (English) [ 168158 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/168158s.jpg)
![Seasonal Cheer Mini Embossing Folders [ 168221 ] Seasonal Cheer Mini Embossing Folders [ 168221 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/168221s.jpg)
![Pecan Pie 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 161717 ] Pecan Pie 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 161717 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/161717s.jpg)
![Blackberry Bliss 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 133675 ] Blackberry Bliss 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 133675 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/133675s.jpg)
![Gold Foil Sheets [ 132622 ] Gold Foil Sheets [ 132622 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/132622s.jpg)
![Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 166780 ] Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 166780 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/166780s.jpg)
![Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147088 ] Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147088 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/147088s.jpg)
![Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147092 ] Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147092 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/147092s.jpg)
![Pecan Pie Classic Stampin' Pad [ 161665 ] Pecan Pie Classic Stampin' Pad [ 161665 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/161665s.jpg)
![Blending Brushes [ 153611 ] Blending Brushes [ 153611 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/153611s.jpg)
![Adhesive Backed Metallic Gems [ 163780 ] Adhesive Backed Metallic Gems [ 163780 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/163780s.jpg)
![Linen Thread [ 104199 ] Linen Thread [ 104199 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/104199s.jpg)
![Mini Glue Dots [ 103683 ] Mini Glue Dots [ 103683 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/103683s.jpg)
![Stampin' Dimensionals [ 104430 ] Stampin' Dimensionals [ 104430 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/104430s.jpg)
![Stampin' Up! Masking Paper [ 155480 ] Stampin' Up! Masking Paper [ 155480 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/155480s.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment