Today’s card features the Frosted Pinecones Bundle. I have to admit I was thrilled to see this bundle in the September – December Mini Catalog. First of all I love anything with Decorative Masks and then afterall I am from Pinehurst, North Carolina and the pinecone is kind if our symbol. I couldn’t wait to get started with this bundle but I did have one thing that was bothering me and that was that Mask #5 was shown using Embossing Paste and I just don’t care for that but then I thought of something else I could do. Here is what I came up with…
The card base is Pecan Pie cardstock cut
to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. I
added a layer of Cherry Cobbler cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼” that I
embossed with the Softly Woven 3D Embossing Folder. Next, I stamped my Pinecone onto Basic White
cardstock using the Black Hybrid Ink.
Now comes the Decorative Masks. I used Mask #1 and added a layer of Crumb
Cake Ink, Mask #2 was used to add a layer of Pecan Pie Ink, Mask #3 was used to
add a layer of Early Espresso Ink and Mask #4 was used to add Peaceful Pine Ink. So here is where I came up with a plan to use
something other than Embossing Paste with Mask #5. I thought about it and tried some Craft White
Ink but didn’t like the effect I got. So,
I used a VersaMark Ink pad and just patted it across the Mask to add the ink to
the exposed areas. Once that was done, I
added the gold from the Metallics Wow! Embossing Powder and heat set it. I was thrilled with the way it turned out.
I cut out the pinecone with the
coordinating die from the bundle and added it to the center of my card using
Dimensionals. Then I stamped my sentiment
“winter wishes” onto a piece of Pecan Pie cardstock that measured ¾ x 2 7/8”
using Peaceful Pine Ink and added the sentiment across the bottom of the
card. To finish the card off I added
three of the Gold Adhesive Backed Dots to the front of it.
For the inside of the card, I simply used
one of the pine branches dies from the dies in the bundle and cut it out of
Peaceful Pine cardstock and added that to a piece of Basic White cardstock that
measured 4 x 5 ¼”.
I hope you enjoy this card I certainly
enjoyed making it. As always you can
find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the
shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed
below. Be sure to follow me at:
Facebook
at: https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net
YouTube
at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/
Happy Crafting!!!
Product List

![Frosted Pinecones Bundle (English) [ 168373 ] Frosted Pinecones Bundle (English) [ 168373 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/168373s.jpg)
![Pecan Pie 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 161717 ] Pecan Pie 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 161717 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/161717s.jpg)
![Cherry Cobbler 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 119685 ] Cherry Cobbler 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 119685 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/119685s.jpg)
![Peaceful Pine 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 167691 ] Peaceful Pine 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 167691 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/167691s.jpg)
![Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 166780 ] Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock [ 166780 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/166780s.jpg)
![Softly Woven 3 D Embossing Folder [ 168466 ] Softly Woven 3 D Embossing Folder [ 168466 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/168466s.jpg)
![Basic Black Hybrid Stampin' Pad [ 166648 ] Basic Black Hybrid Stampin' Pad [ 166648 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/166648s.jpg)
![Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147116 ] Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147116 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/147116s.jpg)
![Pecan Pie Classic Stampin' Pad [ 161665 ] Pecan Pie Classic Stampin' Pad [ 161665 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/161665s.jpg)
![Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147114 ] Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad [ 147114 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/147114s.jpg)
![Peaceful Pine Classic Stampin Pad [ 167679 ] Peaceful Pine Classic Stampin Pad [ 167679 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/167679s.jpg)
![Versamark Pad [ 102283 ] Versamark Pad [ 102283 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/102283s.jpg)
![Metallics Wow! Embossing Powder [ 165678 ] Metallics Wow! Embossing Powder [ 165678 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/165678s.jpg)
![Gold Adhesive Backed Dots [ 168467 ] Gold Adhesive Backed Dots [ 168467 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/168467s.jpg)
![Stampin' Dimensionals [ 104430 ] Stampin' Dimensionals [ 104430 ]](https://assets1.tamsnetwork.com/images/EC042017NF/104430s.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment