Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

FRAMED ALL AROUND SYMPATHY CARD

Today’s card features three different sets the All Aflutter Bundle, the Phrases & Frames Stamp Set and the Framed All Around Stamp Set.  The Framed All Around Stamp Set is retiring soon and is currently available in the Last Chance sales so if you love it grab it quick.  I kept looking at it and finally ordered it just to have it moved to last chance a week after my set arrived so don’t miss out.  As I have said before I am getting to that age where I need more and more sympathy cards and it is always a struggle to make one when you are filled with emotions so I try to keep a few on hand all the time and today I decided to create one for my stash.  Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Hydrangea Hue cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and used a Blending Brush to add a little Hydrangea Hue Ink to the two corners for added interest.  Next, I used the corner line stamp from the Framed All Around Stamp Set and added those in Smoky Slate Ink to the two corners I had not inked with the blending brush.  Then I stamped the flowers and the leaves from the set again in Smoky Slate Ink to the two corners I had inked with the blending brush.  They don’t quite meet the corner stamps but I love the look.  With that done I stamped my sentiment “May all the love and support that surrounds you help heal your heart” in the bottom right corner, also from that same stamp set again in Smoky Slate Ink.

I colored my leaves and flowers using the Hydrangea Hue and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends.  I added some White Gel Pen to the center of the flowers and then added Wink of Stella to all the flowers and leaves.  I stamped my butterflies from the All Aflutter Stamp Set (I used the detailed stamp first) onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Misty Moonlight Ink.  Then I stamped the solid stamp of the butterflies in Hydrangea Hue Ink that I had stamped off once first (second generation stamping).  I punched the butterflies out using the coordinating punch from the bundle and bent then in half and added adhesive to the centers of them and added them to the front of my card.  I added a single Mini Dimensional under each wing to give the wings lift. 

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “Sending prayers and Heartfelt Sympathy to you and your Family” from the Phrases & Frames Stamp Set using that same Smoky Slate Ink.  I also stamped a part of the flowers I used on the front of the card down in the bottom right again with Smoky Slate Ink and colored them using the same Stampin’ Blends I used on the front of the card, along with Wink of Stella and the White Gel Pen centers.  I also stamped and colored the same flowers on my envelope. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment