Featured Post

FUN WITH TEMPLATES

Today’s card features the Fern & Flora Bundle and the Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper.  I fell in love with this suite the first tim...

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

MOONLIT FLORA SYMPATHY CARD

Today’s card features the beautiful Moonlit Flora Designer Series Paper and the Fern & Flora Bundle.  I have really enjoyed using this paper so I decided to use it for one of those cards we all need but none of us really look forward to creating, a Sympathy Card.  Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Berry Burst cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a layer of Old Olive to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it with a retired fern embossing folder (I have been waiting for the Fern & Flora 3D Embossing Folder to come back into stock and I can happily say I got an email saying it is back so it will be on my next order.  I will add the number for it at the bottom for those interested).  Then I cut two pieces of Berry Burst cardstock to 2 ¼ x 4 ¼” and added two pieces of the Moonlit Flora DSP that measured 2 x 4” to them (I chose the berry burst design and one with flowers that have just a touch of the berry burst in them).  Once those were mounted on the mats, I added one to the right side of the card about ¼” from the side and ¼” from the top.  I added the second one on the left side ¼” from the left side and ¼” from the bottom.

With those in place I wrapped they embossed layer with a piece of Berry Burst Shiny Ribbon and attached it behind the layer and then adhered the layer to my card base.  Using the dies from the Fern & Flora Bundle I die cut the large fern from a scrap of Mossy Meadow cardstock, the fiddlehead from a scrap of Berry Burst cardstock and the little foliage piece from a scrap of Old Olive cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment “Sending you Hugs” and the border from the Fern & Flora Stamp Set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Berry Burst Ink.  I added the sentiment with Dimensionals and then tucked my fern, fiddlehead and foliage piece behind it.

For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped my sentiment “Sending prayers and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.” from the Phrases & Frames Stamp Set in Berry Burst Ink. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  Be sure to follow me at: 

Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/craftwithronnie.stampinup.net

YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/@ronniejohnsonstampinup

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/craft_with_ronnie/

 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment