Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, November 27, 2020

Simple Stepped Up

I have been working on cards that are classy but not too terribly labor intense as many of us get overwhelmed with all that we need to do as we near the holiday season.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  For the second layer I cut Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” I stamped my sentiment “Merry Christmas” from the Poinsettia Petals Bundle using Cherry Cobbler Ink and then I embossed it using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (I love these 3D folders and the simplicity of this one is perfect for backgrounds).  I then used the coordinating dies from the bundle and cut one each of the three different sizes of the poinsettia (best part is that it cuts and embosses all those beautiful veins at the same time) from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  I also cut two of the larger leaves and two of the berry sprigs from the Silver Foil. 

I used my bonefolder to give all my petals and leaves a little shape, once they were shaped, I added some sparkle to them.  To make them sparkle I added three drops of Champaign Shimmer Paint into my Stampin’ Spritzer and then filled it about 90% of the way with Isopropyl Alcohol and shook and sprayed, and wow (it’s like wink of stella on steroids). 

To assemble the card, I simply added the poinsettia leaves on top of one another staggering them so there were no empty spots.  Once I had my poinsettia done, I placed it on the center of my card and began to add my silver foliage tucked up under it.  I adhered the sprigs directly to the card front but added dimensionals under the leaves.  As a final touch I added one of the Beaded Pear Embellishments using a glue dot (I think it makes the card).   

This card was a lot of fun to make so I I hope you enjoy it as well.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment