Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Dove of Hope Revisited

I really like this new Dove of Hope bundle.  I am working on variations of the same card (I am not a huge fan of mass production cards).  I created a card similar to this previously but did a little updating to make it what I consider a little better.   So here is what I ended up with and I am pleased with how it turned out.

Here is the front of the card


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock that is cut to 5 ¼ x 4”.  To that I added a layer of Designer Series Paper from the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (love the metallics in this paper pack) that measured 5 1/8 x 3 7/8”.  Then I started my die cutting.

I die cut the dove from the dies in the bundle out of Whisper White Cardstock (these are two layers, hard to see in the photo but a great affect in person) you do have to cut the wings twice.  (NOTE:  To maximize my paper I cut the body, one set of wings and the tail out of the Whisper White layer that is between the card base and the Designer Series Paper, just stay away for the edges, this saves paper and makes the card lighter for mailing.)  I adhered the layers together and then cut the olive branch also from the bundle out of Old Olive cardstock and glued it to the back of the dove’s beak.  I added just a touch of the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends alcohol marker to my dove’s beak.    

For my sentiment I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the 3rd from the smallest of the scalloped ovals from the Layering Ovals dies.  I stamped my sentiment “Peace on Earth” which is from the stamp set in the bundle onto this oval with Night of Navy Ink. 

I then mounted my sentiment and my dove onto my card front using Dimensionals.  For the inside I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “May your season be filled with all the wonder and blessings of Christmas” in Night of Navy ink, this stamp is also from the Dove of Hope Bundle.  (NOTE:  If you are going to make several of these or any card with a sentiment on the inside the Stampartus is an amazing tool as it allows you to perfectly center your sentiment and stamp it over and over again in exactly the same place). 

Here is what the inside looks like.


I love how this card turned out and I hope you enjoy it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment