Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Inked & Tiled Fun Fold Birthday

Today’s card features the Inked & Tiled Stamp Set and the Inked Botanicals 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper.  So you know how sometimes you see something in a catalog and you think, no that is just not for me but then you see it in person and you are like I have to have that?  Well that is exactly what happened to me with this stamp set and the coordinating Designer Series Paper.  Until I saw it being used to make cards I just didn’t see it’s potential.  Well I added it to my last order and let me tell you I can’t get enough of it.  So I decided to feature it on a fun fold card.

Here is what I came up with…

  

I often hear that while people like fun fold cards creating them can be a little intimidating, well it doesn’t have to be so today I am going to showcase a really simple one.  The card base is Basic White cardstock, I cut the first piece is cut to 7 ¼” x 5 ½”, scored at 3” and a second piece to 4 ¼ x 4 ¼” and scored at 1”.  Be sure to use your bonefolder to burnish the folds really well, that is a key to fun fold cards.  Then I took my 4 ¼” square piece and attach the 1” scored side to the inside right center of the card (see photo below)


I cut two pieces of the coordinating Inked Botanicals 6 x 6” Designer Series Paper (DSP), I chose two that I though complimented one another as well as my stamped image.  I cut one to 2 ¾ x 5 ¼” and adhered it to the front left of my card base.  Then I cut the second DSP to 3 x 4” and attached it to the flap piece on the right side of my card base.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 2 ¾ x 3 ¾” and stamped the leaf image from the stamp set onto the center of it and the sentiment “happy BIRTHDAY” onto the bottom left using Lost Lagoon Ink (I am so happy this retired color has been returned to the Stampin’ Up! line-up because it is one of my favorites). 

To finish off my card I added a square knot bow made from the Lost Lagoon Bordered Ribbon using a Mini Glue Dot to hold it in place and a single dot from the Glossy Dots Assortment.  For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped just a part of the same stamp I used on the front of the card, and I did the same to the envelope. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment