Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 25, 2023

Simple and Classy

Today’s card features the One Horse Open Sleigh Designer Series Paper with a little embossing and some bling.  It is hard to believe that a single piece of Designer Series Paper that only measures 2 ½ x 4” can make this kind of impact on a card.

Here is what the card I made using that little piece of DSP…



The card base is Boho Blue cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Basic White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 ¼” that I embossed using one of the Basics 3D Embossing Folders (I love this set of folders and this one is quickly becoming my go to embossing folder).  Then I cut my One Horse Open Sleigh DSP to 2 ½ x 4” (there are tons of papers in this pack that would look stunning using this same layout) and mounted it onto a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that measured 2 5/8 x 4 1/8”.  I wrapped a piece of White Baker’s Twine around the bottom of this layer and tied a simple bow.  I added this to my card using Dimensionals.  Then to finish off the front of the card I added three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

For the inside of my card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “You’re in my heart and prayers” (I felt this could be used for many different situations, from illness, to loss, to someone who just needs to hear you care) onto it using Boho Blue Ink, this stamp is from the new So Sincere Stamp Set and I have to say it has some really nice sentiments in it.  I also added one of the trees from the Horse & Sleigh Stamp Set that coordinates with this DSP.  I stamped it once in Boho Blue Ink and then stamped it a second time without re-inking the stamp.  I did the same thing on the envelope. 

The thing to remember is you don't have to buy everything to make this card.   Perhaps you have some DSP you have been holding onto because you hate to end up with just a few cards using it.  This layout is a great way to make that DSP go a long way.  Or maybe you use a stamp set you already have or an ink or cardstock you have in your stash.  Change up the twine and use ribbon.  It really is about making what you have work.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment