Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 18, 2023

The Lord is my SHEPHERD

The minute I saw the Night Divine Bundle in the new Mini Catalog I knew I had to have it.  So today’s card features that bundle and some fun masking to create my very own background for my card.  Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Then I took a piece of Basic White cardstock and grabbed some of my Masking Paper.  I cut my masking paper to look like a little hill (note: keep both sides as you will use each to mask the other side when coloring).  I placed my masking paper down to cover the area I wanted to make the sky and started to create the hill.  I simply added Pecan Pie Ink using a Blending Brush until I got my desired affect.  Once that was done, I just took the mask off the sky and added the one over the hill.  I used Starry Sky Ink and a Blending Brush to create my sky. 

I stamped my sentiment “The Lord is my SHEPHERD” onto the card front using Night of Navy Ink.  Then it was time to get busy using dies from the bundle to create clouds (I used Basic White cardstock to cut them out) as well as the shepherd and his flock.  I die cut these pieces out of Gold Foil.  I cut one shepherd and four sheep then I cut the sheep from the die that is in with the wiseman (I did this because I wanted one sheep facing the other direction and this worked well, I just fussy cut away the wiseman).  I popped up my shepherd and the four sheep using Mini Dimensionals and then just tucked the other sheep behind the shepherd and adhered him directly to the card front. 

My star is from a retired set, hate to admit it but when I placed my pre-order, I failed to add the adorable Adhesive Backed Star Trinkets (item #162010) so I had to be a little creative.  You can be sure those stars will be on my next order. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List



Recommended:  

No comments:

Post a Comment