Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Loving the Fall

I just love the fall and this beautiful Magical Meadow Bundle from the new September – December mini catalog released today is perfect for a fall card.  I wanted to use some of those great fall colors and here is what I came up with…


The card base is Mossy Meadow cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I cut a piece of Cajun Craze (in my mind a perfect fall color) to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it with the Timeworn 3D Embossing Folder and added it to my card base.  I stamped two of the leafy branches onto scraps of Basic White cardstock using Old Olive ink and die cut them using the coordinating dies.  Then I got to work on my other pieces cutting them out of scraps of cardstock etc. that I had in my stash.  I cut three of the holly leaves from the dies in the bundle out of Gold Foil, two of the smaller branch pieces out Mossy Meadow, two of the larger branches (the ones with berries) out of Old Olive cardstock and finally I cut out a bunch of berries from Cherry Cobbler cardstock (he dies cut 11 at a time so it’s not too bad). 

Next, I stamped my sentiment “The colder weather brings us together” onto a small piece of Basic White cardstock with Old Olive ink and die cut it using one of the square dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies (I use these a lot).  I decided where on my card I wanted to add my sentiment and then I attached it using Dimensionals.  With this added I could start building my card.  I adhered the smaller branches directly to the card base having them come out along side and under my sentiment.  Then I added the larger branches and the berries as needed to the branches at this point.  Once those were all adhered, I added my two stamped images using Dimensionals and at the center of those I added my gold holly leaves.  Two are adhered to the other pieces but the center left one need a Dimensional to keep it even with the others.

For my final embellishment I added a bow made from the Copper Ribbon (it is actually part of a pack of two ribbons) and Linen Thread.  I adhered them it to the center where the three holy leaves meet using Mini Dimensionals.  I added three of the Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots to finish off the care.  I was quite pleased with my results.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and more on my website at https://www.stampinup.com?demoid=2206796 or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment