Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Peace on Earth

What a beautiful sentiment for a Christmas card don’t you think?  I knew I needed to get this beautiful Dove of Hope Bundle as soon as I saw it.  I wanted to create something special with it so I decided to create with it and the globe dies from the World of Good Dies (I would recommend the Beautiful World bundle; the dies and stamps are amazing and when you bundle you save 10%)    

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Soft Seafoam cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Vellum cardstock that measures 3 ¾ x 5 ½” (NOTE:  Attach to the card base after you have added other elements so you can hide the adhesive behind them).  I ran the Vellum cardstock through my Subtle 3-D Embossing Folder (and it really adds just a touch of subtle texture to the Vellum). 

I stamped and die cut my dove using the Dove of Hope bundle, I used Smoky Slate ink to stamp the dove.  I then cut out the sentiment label from Whisper White using one of the Tasteful Label Dies.  I stamped the sentiment “Peace on Earth” onto it with Pretty Peacock ink.  I then stamped the sentiment again onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock with Soft Seafoam ink and just cut the “on Earth” out with scissors and overlayed it on the label so I had a two-colored sentiment. 

I die cut the circle from the World of Good dies out of Night of Navy cardstock and then I cut the globe (there are dies that are both north America and south America) out of Gold Foil Paper.  I cut two of the olive branches out of Old Olive cardstock and the berries out of Gold Foil paper (I found the mini glue dots worked best for adhering them).  I adhered everything to the card as shown in the photo (NOTE:  I did pop up the sentiment and the dove using dimensionals). 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment