Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 16, 2020

An Untraditional Christmas Card

I have been playing around with the Poinsettia Petals Bundle.  I am trying card to make sure I don’t get hung up with the classic Christmas colors like red and green.  So today I am featuring a card that uses pinks and blues and is water colored.

Here it is…


The card base is Blushing Bride cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”. 

I stamped several of the Poinsettia’s from the Poinsettia Petals bundle onto Fluid 100 Watercolor paper using Versamark Ink and I then heat embossed them with my Heat Tool in White Stampin Emboss Powder.  I then water colored using my Water Painters (I just squeeze my stamp pad while it is shut to get some of the ink up on the lid or I push one of my blocks down into the ink or put a drop of re-inker on the block and then mix it with a little water from the Water Painters and paint away).  I started by adding Bumble Bee ink to the centers of my flowers.  Then I added Petal Pink ink to all of the petals, I then added a little Blushing Bride ink to the areas that would naturally be darker such as toward the center of the flowers and along the veins (this gives it a two-tone look).  I then added just a little Balmy Blue ink around the flowers.  Once everything was dry, I die cut the flowers with the coordinating dies from the bundle.

I cut a layer of Balmy Blue cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I started laying my poinsettias onto this layer to get the correct positioning and just used a little repositionable tape to hold them until I figured out all the placement.  Once I knew where I wanted them, I turned this layer over and cut off the excess areas of the flowers that overhung the Balmy Blue layer.  I then pulled each flower up and added Dimensionals and repositioned them back onto the card. 

For my sentiment I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to ¾ x 4 ¼” and made a flag using the Banner Pick A Punch.  I stamped my sentiment (also from the bundle) with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with my Heat Tool in Gold Stampin Emboss Powder.  To give the banner a little movement I curved it with my Bone Folder and added it with Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment