Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 2, 2020

Poinsettia Place

I am still working away on my Christmas cards.  Today’s was created using the Poinsettia Place Suite.  I used the stamps, dies and the Designer Series Paper from this set to create todays card. 


The card base is Garden Green cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Soft Suede cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and a layer of Designer Series Paper from the Poinsettia Place paper pack that measured 3 ¾ x 5”. 

To create my Poinsettia, I used the dies from the Poinsettia Petals Bundle and cut two large, one medium and two small poinsettias’ from Very Vanilla cardstock (these dies include an additional die that sits within the cutting die and embosses all the little veins of the petals).  Once everything was cut, I lightly inked the edges of the petals with So Saffron ink using a Sponge Dauber.  I attached the petals to one another with All Purpose Liquid Glue being sure to off set each one so the petals all showed (I did shape my petals a little using my Bone Folder).  I then moved onto the leaves, I cut two large and one small from Garden Green cardstock and again shaped them with my bone folder and inked the edges with Garden Green ink and a Sponge Dauber.  I stamped two sets of the berry branches from the stamp set with Soft Suede ink and the used the coordinating berries from the stamp set and made the berries yellow using Bumble Bee ink.  I cut two of the springs from the die set out of Gold Foil Paper and I cut the center of the poinsettia out of Gold Foil Paper. 

I then went to work on my sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment “Warm Wishes from our home to yours” also from the stamp set onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that measured 1 7/8 x 7/8” using VersaMark ink and then I embossed it using Gold Stampin Emboss and heat set it with my Heat Tool.  I attached this to a stitched, scalloped rectangle I cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies (there are some great dies in this set) out of Soft Suede cardstock.

To assemble the card, I added my sentiment to the bottom right using Dimensionals.  I then attached my Poinsettia to the upper portion of my card.  I added the three leaves (I did pop each with a Dimensional for interest.  I then added a little glue to the ends and tucked in my berry branches and gold branches up under the Poinsettia. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment