Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Dove of Hope Christmas Card

I really like this new Dove of Hope bundle.  I am trying to get a good start on my Christmas cards this year so I don’t do that last-minute sit in the craft room for 10 hours a day trying to get them all done, LOL.  I have a lot to do this year.  I send out about 40 cards, plus another 15 – 20 for customers, the church gets about 70 for the senior shut ins and the college kids and my mother in law usually wants about 20 -25.  That is a lot of cards especially for someone like me who doesn’t like to do mass production of cards.  So here is one I am very pleased with…


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock that is cut to 5 ¼ x 4”.  To that I added a layer of Designer Series Paper from the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (love the metallics in this one) that measured 5 1/8 x 3 7/8”.  Then I started my cutting.

I die cut the dove from the dies in the bundle out of Whisper White Cardstock (these are two layers, hard to see in the photo but a great affect in person) you do have to cut the wings twice.  I adhered the layers together and then cut the olive branch also from the bundle out of Old Olive cardstock and glued it to the back of the dove’s beak.  I then mounted the dove onto my card using Dimensionals. 

For my sentiment I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the 3rd from the smallest of the scalloped ovals from the Layering Ovals dies.  I then cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock using the 3rd from the smallest of the ovals from the Layering Ovals dies.  I stamped my sentiment “Peace on Earth” which is from the stamp set in the bundle onto this oval with VersaMark ink and then used White Stampin Emboss Powder that I heat set with my Heat Tool.  I layered the two ovals together and then added them to my card with Dimensionals. 

I love how this card turned out and I hope you enjoy it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment