Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 28, 2020

Christmas Gift Card Holder

I love Christmas but invariably I run late with cards and gifts so this year I am working hard to get things done early.  My son and daughter-in-law purchased their first home this year so hubby and I decided that some gift cards for new must have items would be great for Christmas (that way they get just what they want and need in just the right colors etc.) so I wanted to do something special for presentation instead of just a card in an envelope or box.  So, I did some searching on Pinterest and other sites and here is what I came up with based on what others had done.

The front of the closed card


The inside of the open card, the gift card holder is on the left

The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 2 ½” and 5 ½”.  These folds create the pocket for the gift card.  Once I had the base created, I cut Designer Series Paper from the Heartwarming Hugs DSP that measured 2 ¾ x 4” (2 of these) for the areas of the card that are seen from the front.  I centered them on the card leaving a ¼” reveal on all four sides.  I then added a piece of coordinating DSP also from the Heartwarming Hugs DSP to the inside where the pocket is created.  This piece measured 2 ¼ x 4”.  Once that was adhered, I used a small circle punch (the one I have is retired but most of us have one in our stash) to punch out a little semi-circle so you could grab the card out.  I also added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 2 3/8 x 4” that I can use to write my message. 

With the card base all completed let’s move on to decorating, my favorite part.  I cut a scalloped circle from Old Olive cardstock using largest of the scalloped circle dies from the Layering Circles dies.  I added a scalloped circle of Whisper White cardstock that was cut using the third largest of the scalloped circles from the same die set.  I then moved onto creating my Poinsettia.  This was created by using the Poinsettia Dies and the beautiful Red Velvet Paper.  I love these dies as they have pieces that not only cut but also emboss at the same time.  I cut two large poinsettia’s and one small and layered them together.  I added this to the ovals I had cut and for a finishing touch I added the Beaded Pearl embellishments to the center.  I stamped my sentiment which is from the Christmas Gleaming stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock using Old Olive ink and then I just fussy cut it out leaving a little of the white showing all around it.  I used Mini Dimensionals to pop up my sentiment and then I added my Poinsettia layer adhering only the left side so my card could open and close.

There you have it, a simple easy gift card holder.  I hope you enjoy this project I enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment