Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Water Colored Prized Peony

I really enjoy water coloring using my re-inkers, I think I find the coloring soothing and since you have lines made from the embossing powder that the ink doesn’t run out of it makes it easy to color within the lines, LOL.   Today I decided to do some water coloring using the Prized Peony bundle which is just beautiful.     

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Whisper White cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  For the second layer I cut a piece of Soft Seafoam cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.

For my flowers I stamped the largest of the Peony images from the Prized Peony Bundle onto Shimmery White cardstock using Versamark Ink and heat embossed it using White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my trusty Heat Tool.  I then stamped two of the single flowers and several of the leaves onto Shimmery White cardstock with Versamark ink and heat embossed them using the White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.  Once everything was stamped, I started to color my flowers.  For this I used the following re-inkers (you could also use your stamp pad by simply pushing an acrylic block into it or squeezing the lid of the ink down into the pad to create a puddle of ink):  Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow and Daffodil Delight.  I just added a little water into my ink and started to paint my flowers using my Water Painters.  I love the affect, and if you want a little more intense color just let it dry and once it is just adding a little more color.  Once everything was colored and dried, I cut it out using the coordinating dies from the bundle. 

I attached my flowers and leaves to my card base using Dimensionals.  For my final embellishments I stamped the work “Hello” from the Forever Fern stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Soft Seafoam ink and cut it out using one of the dies from the Tasteful Labels dies. Three little Rhinestone Basic Jewels are the final touch. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment