Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, September 19, 2020

Rooted in Nature meets the fall

 This beautiful stamp set has a ton of potential, so when I was considering using it for my card club this month, I decided it was time to dress it for the fall.  Hope you like what I did…


The card base is Cajun Craze cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  To create additional interest, I used one of the leaf stamps form the Rooted in Nature stamp set and stamped it all over the card base with Cajun Craze ink for that tone on tone look. 

The next layer is Very Vanilla cardstock which was cut using the 2nd Largest of the Rectangle Stitched Dies.  I then prepared my Tree stamp from the stamp set and used Daubers to add my colors.  I started with Early Espresso for my tree trunk and then randomly sponged on Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze and Old Olive using daubers throughout the tree to give it that beautiful fall color.  Once my whole stamp was covered with ink, when I was finished, I just huffed on it (just breath out on the stamp to add moisture) and stamped it near the bottom center of my stitched rectangle.  I stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set on the top center, again using Cajun Craze ink. 

For the inside of my card and the envelope I stamped that same leaf I stamped on my card base in Cajun Craze.  


As you can see this is a pretty simple card that requires very little in supplies but creates a pretty good wow factor.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment