Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Stamp, Ink and Paper

Today I wanted to show that a card can be created using minimal supplies.   So, the card I created used a stamp set, I chose to use the Rooted In Nature set, some ink and some cardstock.  Here is what I created...


The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  To create my card front I cut 2 pieces of Whisper White cardstock.  One was 4 x 5 ¼” and the second was 4 x 2 ½”.  I placed my smaller piece of Whisper White onto my larger piece and tacked it in place using temporary adhesive.  I stamped the large tree from the Rooted in Nature stamp set onto them (letting my stamp hang off the smaller of the two pieces) using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. 

Once my image was stamped, I separated the two pieces of Whisper White cardstock and started my coloring process.  I used Stamping Sponges (I cut mine into 6 – 8 wedges) to get my colors onto my image.  First, I started with Daffodil Delight and began adding color to the right side of my piece.  Then I moved to Cajun Craze and added it to the center (I did overlap the Daffodil Delight to get another color) and then I finished with Cherry Cobbler (I again overlapped the colors to get yet another tone).  Once I was happy with my image, I mounted everything onto my card base.

I adhered the stamped and colored image onto a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock that measured 2 5/8 x 4 1/8”.  I then adhered this to the larger Whisper White layer matching up the stamped image of the tree.  Then I adhered the entire piece onto my card base. 

For the inside of the card I just stamped a leaf image from the same stamp set, using Cajun Craze ink onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”. 

So, there you have it, a card made using a stamp, paper and ink, I hope you enjoy it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List 

No comments:

Post a Comment