Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Watercolor Beauty Abounds

I have had the Beauty Abounds stamp set and the Butterfly Beauty die set for some time and have made many things with it.  Today however, I decided it could really use a little watercolor so that is what I did.  I have also used this technique on the beautiful new Blossoms in Bloom bundle and have posted pics and instructions for that previously.  This technique is perfect for these multi-layered dies. 


The card base is Bermuda Bay cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer that is Daffodil Delight that was cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.  This layer was added to the card base using Dimensionals.

For my butterflies I started with the thicker layer die from the Butterfly Beauty Die set and cut it out of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.  Once it was cut, I used my Spritzer to spray it with water.  I used four different colors of re-inkers (you could use the top of your ink pad as well, see my previous post about water coloring to see how to do this) to get this look.  The colors I chose to use were: So Saffron, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Highland Heather (you can drop a little drop into the top of your stamp pad case or into a little container, your choice).  I used my Water Painter to add a little water to the ink and to brush it onto the butterflies.  I did re-wet my image a couple of times by spritzing it with water, I like when my colors run together to give my project more interest.  Once I was satisfied with my coloring, I sat this piece aside to dry.

Next, I added Adhesive Sheets to the back of a Silver Foil Sheet that was cut large enough to die cut the narrower of the butterfly dies (this is a life saver when it comes to adhering the two layers, so much easier than trying to glue the tiny little pieces).  When it was cut, I adhered it to the front of my water colored piece and then using both Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals I added it to my card. 

To finish off the card I stamped my sentiment “ Happy Birthday” which comes from the Timeless Tulip stamp set (you could use any sentiment on this card) onto a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock that measured ½ x 3” in Bermuda Bay ink and then I punched little flags on each end using the Banners Pick A Punch.  This was adhered using Mini Dimensionals.  For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped it with two of the stamps (I did the same with the envelope) that are in the Beauty Abounds stamp set that coordinates with these dies using Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay ink.  Here is what the inside and envelope look like:


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it  and I do believe I see more water coloring in my future.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List 

/> 

No comments:

Post a Comment