Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 14, 2020

Twist Easel Card

I am still having some fun playing with the Forever Greenery Suite.  Today’s card is another fun fold, it is a twist Easel Card and here is what it looks like all closed up and ready for the envelope…


And here is what it looks like twisted and opened up for display...


The card base is Pretty Peacock card stock that is cut 4 ¼ x 9 ¾” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took the bottom right corner of the 4 ¼” side and folded it up to meet the top left corner making a triangle (be sure to burnish this well with your bone folder for good solid creases.  Set this aside for assembly later. 

Now let’s create the front of the card.  I cut a piece of Pretty Peacock that measured 4 ¼ x 5 ½”.  To this I added two strips of the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper that measured 1 x 5 ½” (one to the top and one to the bottom.  I then used the Forever Flourishing dies to cut two large ferns (one from Soft Seafoam and one from Pretty Peacock card stock).  I also cut the little piece for the front of the sentiment out of Pretty Peacock using that same die set.  For my Gold Foil accents I used one of the dies from the Sunflower Dies and cut it twice.  I attached these to the center of my card front.

For the sentiment I used the Happy Birthday stamp from the Peaceful Moments stamp set and stamped it onto Whisper White card stock using Pretty Peacock ink.  I then die cut it using the second largest circle from the Stitched Shapes dies.  To this I added one of the beautiful Gold Hoops Embellishments from the suite (I glued it on using the Fine Tip Glue Pen).  I added my little Pretty Peacock greenery and a little gold bow made from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack using a Mini Glue Dot.  I then placed this on the center of the card front using dimensionals.

Once my entire card front was completed, I adhered it to my base just on the triangle that was exposed so my card could open and twist.  For the final touch on the front I added three little Champaign Rhinestones.  For the inside of the card I added a piece of Whisper White card stock that measured 4 x 4 3/8” and another strip of Designer Series Paper that measured ¾ x 4”.  To keep my card twisted and open I added one of the largest of the Champaign Rhinestones to hold it in place (I centered it on the far right of the Whisper White). 

I am really happy with the final results and I hope you enjoy this card.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment