Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, September 21, 2020

Continuing with Autumn Goodness

I have been having some fun with this bundle.  Fall is my favorite time of the year; I love the cooler air and the fall colors and I look forward to this time of the year because it also means super colorful cards.  Today I wanted to really emphasis that simple can be beautiful.   


The card base is Cajun Craze cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” (this is one of my go to colors for fall cards).  To give the base the look of designer series paper I took one of the coordinating stamps from the bundle (this one was flowers, you will see it up close in the next photo) and stamped it all over the card base using Cajun Craze ink for that tone on tone look.  I added a layer of Crushed Curry cardstock that was cut out using the second largest of the Rectangle Stitched dies (these are super versatile) and stamped my sentiment from the Autumn Goodness bundle into the top right corner using Cajun Craze ink.   I stamped my wagon and its wheel onto Soft Suede cardstock using Early Espresso ink.

For my fruit and vegetables, I stamped them onto a piece of Shimmery White cardstock using Jet Black Stazon Ink (I chose this paper and ink combination because I wanted to use my watercolor pencils and these products are made for use with water-based items).  Once I had it stamped, I went ahead and cut it out using the coordinating dies in the bundle.  Then I colored them using Watercolor Pencils (I used colors from both the Assortment 1 and Assortment 2) the thing I love about these watercolor pencils is that they are perfectly color coordinated with all the other Stampin’ Up! products so no guessing whether or not you have the right color.  To get a really smooth finished look I used my Blender Pen to blend the watercolor pencil into a nice smooth finish.  

Once everything was stamped and cut out, I started my assembly.  I adhered the stitched rectangle of Crushed Curry onto my card base.  I attached my fruit and vegetables die cut to the back side of my wheelbarrow and attached the wheel to the back of my wheelbarrow.  Then I added this whole element to my card using Dimensionals. 

For the final touches I added some Champaign Rhinestone Jewels to the front of my card and stamped the flowers from the bundle onto the inside of my card (Whisper White cardstock cut to 4 x 5 ¼”) and to my envelope using Cajun Craze ink (see photo).


I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment